Second Rookie HC to coach circles around Garrett

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Also, does it look like somewhere along the line Dak has been told to target Dez early and often to get him in the game? In 4 games this year Beasley has 11 catches. In the first four games last year he had over 30 catches. I feel like they are trying to get Dez going to the detriment of the whole game plan.
There was a lot of talk in the media this week about why can't Dez make more plays like Larry Fitzgerald, is he still a premier WR, is he old and finished, etc.

You know how this brain trust has reacted to the media over the years. Looks like they did it again.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
On a side note why the hell isn't Woods starting over Heath?

Again, piss poor coaching shows up yet again.
There is plenty to complain about this week, but come on. This is my point half the time.

Let's not get carried away. Woods is a 6th round rookie.

I would certainly like to see him get more time instead of Heath, but let's not pretend like every coach in the league wouldn't favor the vet.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
There’s no denying what good coaching can do. McVay showed up and the Rams are 3x better than what they were under Fisher. Most of it is using Gurley efficiently and Goff looks like a completely different QB.

shane

DCC 4Life
He's our Marvin Lewis.
I give Lewis more credit than Garrett. He at least took Cincy from the doldrums to mediocrity. Garrett came in after the Parcells era when we had mega talent, and has sucked ass consistently as a coordinator and of course as head coach.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I give Lewis more credit than Garrett. He at least took Cincy from the doldrums to mediocrity. Garrett came in after the Parcells era when we had mega talent, and has sucked ass consistently as a coordinator and of course as head coach.
The worst OL in football, and nothing on defense.

But mega talent otherwise.

shane

DCC 4Life
The worst OL in football, and nothing on defense.

But mega talent otherwise.
When he was put in as OC, wasn't the line still pretty good with Gurode and Flozell and them? I know the talent certainly dipped when Garrett was head coach.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
When he was put in as OC, wasn't the line still pretty good with Gurode and Flozell and them? I know the talent certainly dipped when Garrett was head coach.
The line was already becoming a huge problem when it was responsible for us getting demolished in the playoffs against Minnesota in 2009. By Garrett's first full year as head coach, 2011, it was shit.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Those players were good up to the moment when Garrett took over. Then they immediately became so bad no coach could possibly win with them.

Much like the rest of the team.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Fat Wade simply owned this vaunted offense in the second half. End of story.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
We had mega talent?

:lol

I guess Parcells must have been a shitty coach then, too. I mean, if he couldn't win a playoff game either, when he had mega talent.

midswat

... soon
Parcells would’ve won a super bowl with Romo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Parcells would’ve won a super bowl with Romo.
Nah.

He didn't trust him to go against a Seahawk D that had Pete Hunter starting in his final game with everything on the line.

So you think he would have grown a set with another year?

data

Forbes #1
Nah.

He didn't trust him to go against a Seahawk D that had Pete Hunter starting in his final game with everything on the line.

So you think he would have grown a set with another year?
If coaching today, Parcells would still try to be winning games 17-10.

Top Bottom