Seahawks Stuff...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Why is Irving still on the 53 if he can't get on the field?

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Why is Irving still on the 53 if he can't get on the field?
I've wondered the same thing, makes zero sense. Wish we would have taken a 3rd or a 4th for him when we had the chance. Can't see us getting squat for him after this season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Fractured hip lands Seahawks safety Delano Hill on injured reserve

5:48 PM ET

RENTON, Wash. -- The Seattle Seahawks have placed strong safety Delano Hill on injured reserve because of a fracture in his hip.
Coach Pete Carroll announced the move Tuesday and called it a non-displaced fracture that Hill suffered in Sunday's game.

Hill started the past two games while Tedric Thompson was sidelined by chest and ankle injuries. With Thompson out, Seattle had moved Bradley McDougald to free safety with Hill playing strong safety.

"He was playing great ball. The hopes for him coming back next time around and being a big factor for all the playing time and competing and all that, it's there. He was playing his best game," Carroll said of Hill on Tuesday. "He played really well -- hits, running, tackling, all kinds of good stuff, pressuring. So very, very bright future for him and this will set him back for a while, but it's not something he can't recover from."

On his 710 ESPN Seattle radio show on Monday, Carroll praised the way Hill played and didn't dismiss the possibility of keeping him in the starting lineup for Seattle's wild-card game against the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, even though Thompson is expected to be back this week.

The statuses of left guard J.R. Sweezy and cornerback Shaquill Griffin remain uncertain. Carroll said Tuesday that Sweezy is moving around well without a limp or a boot on his sprained foot, but he'll be a game-day decision. Griffin sprained his ankle Sunday and will try to practice later in the week, Carroll said.

Akeem King stepped in at left cornerback for Griffin on Sunday and would start in his place if needed against Dallas, Carroll said.

The Seahawks re-signed receiver Malik Turner from their practice squad to fill Hill's roster spot.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Can you think of a single position group where Dallas *doesn't * have better talent? Of course, QB, which is huge. But other than that, doesn't Dallas win everywhere else except maybe TE?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Can you think of a single position group where Dallas *doesn't * have better talent? Of course, QB, which is huge. But other than that, doesn't Dallas win everywhere else except maybe TE?
Pete Carroll vs Playoff Garrett. Even regular season Garrett.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Pete Carroll vs Playoff Garrett. Even regular season Garrett.
Absolutely, coaching is our shortcoming once we get to the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I can't remember if this has been asked already, but would you sacrifice a playoff loss if it guaranteed Garrett was gone?

Cotton

Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I haven't logged into the DCU in a long damn time.
?

You don't have to "log in" to read his thread. Maybe you meant you're avoiding the site for some reason and don't want to click the link.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm not rooting for a loss, but I definitely think Garrett should be fired if they lose this Saturday.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm not rooting for a loss, but I definitely think Garrett should be fired if they lose this Saturday.
Unlike 2016, we're not the #1 seed this year. Jerry could very easily rationalize/forgive a loss to Seattle -- a mediocre team we lost to late last year with the playoffs on the line.

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom