Schefter: Irving Under Evaluation For Suspension

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It is ridiculous. NO ONE gives a fuck about weed except the NFL.
Well that's just bullshit, there are tons of normal jobs that you will get fired from if test positive for weed. I have zero sympathy for someone that can't give up smoking in exchange for millions of dollars

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not a bad guy, he just doesn't take well to authority, he thinks the rules are bullshit and he wasn't willing to keep his mouth shut for money, I can't blame him for wanting to take a stand. He has HOF-type talent so it's a shame from that perspective but aside from that I don't begrudge him for thinking the NFL is full of shit and not wanting to play their game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Don't do weed: keep my job and my daughter.

The decision is clear.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is ridiculous. NO ONE gives a fuck about weed except the NFL.
Well right now they are the ones that count. I don’t care one way or onother about anyone’s position on pot but if you are going to play in the NFL you have to leave it alone. That’s not a difficult concept.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's not a bad guy, he just doesn't take well to authority, he thinks the rules are bullshit and he wasn't willing to keep his mouth shut for money, I can't blame him for wanting to take a stand. He has HOF-type talent so it's a shame from that perspective but aside from that I don't begrudge him for thinking the NFL is full of shit and not wanting to play their game.
He could have played last season though and he continually didn't practice or play in games. I don't buy that this is just a pot issue. He legitimately just doesn't give a shit about football.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Well right now they are the ones that count. I don’t care one way or onother about anyone’s position on pot but if you are going to play in the NFL you have to leave it alone. That’s not a difficult concept.
Sure, and use Big Pharma approved narcotics to relieve their pain.

I wonder how many of these cunt owners have stock in Big Pharma?

shane

DCC 4Life
Gained some respect for him for going out like he did. Gregory and Irving should be able to toke before games if it helps them with pain. Fuck the NFL

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
These threads always flush out the resident stoners and burnouts.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
These threads always flush out the resident stoners and burnouts.
I've never once touched marijuana. Never in my life. And I think it should be legal and the NFL certainly should not be testing for it. So...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've never once touched marijuana. Never in my life. And I think it should be legal and the NFL certainly should not be testing for it. So...
Maybe they shouldn't but the league and owners think otherwise so what you and I think is mox nix.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah I've got no use for it personally but I still think it's ridiculous that the NFL cares about weed when over 50% of the country is ok with it being legalized. They are cutting their own foot off for no reason in my opinion. If the NFL didn't make it an issue that players test for weed, nobody would care or even know if the players were using weed.

p1_

DCC 4Life
David Irving doesn’t give a shit about the NFL, good for him. I don’t much care for it either.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
David Irving doesn’t give a shit about the NFL, good for him. I don’t much care for it either.
It’s the only game in town at that level and with that size of payroll. You want to play you gotta conform to stay. We are just spectators and income sources. We have two options. I think everyone knows what they are.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Irving's martyrdom in the name of weed is just an excuse. He's got mental issues and he doesn't want to play. He'd have massive life problems even if weed was 100% legal in every way.

I do think it's funny when athletes act like they only do it for the pain. Please.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Irving's martyrdom in the name of weed is just an excuse. He's got mental issues and he doesn't want to play. He'd have massive life problems even if weed was 100% legal in every way.

I do think it's funny when athletes act like they only do it for the pain. Please.
I think I said it somewhere along the way but I think he's just immature, a boy in an adult's body.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Agreed. As much as I want to applaud his line in the sand, he's a guy who is simply being dumb and throwing away his career and maybe his life, because the reality is he can't get his own act together.

Let a modern day Ricky Williams walk away from the NFL. That sends a way more powerful message.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Agreed. As much as I want to applaud his line in the sand, he's a guy who is simply being dumb and throwing away his career and maybe his life, because the reality is he can't get his own act together.

Let a modern day Ricky Williams walk away from the NFL. That sends a way more powerful message.
Being a notorious malingerer also doesn't help his case of faux martyrdom. If he actually had a decent work ethic and track record maybe I'd buy his schtick. But after watching this guy closely the last few years it's pretty evident that football really isn't that important to him. He comes off as one of those guys who only played the game because he was good at it and it paid well. No real love for the game or the process.

Top Bottom