Schedule Release Thread...

data

Forbes #1
Thoughts:
1. 5 primetime games - Jerruh wins again
2. 1-3 December, but we will win Week 17. Yeehaw.
3. Will we lose to Arizona in a teh debacle again? Blocked punt TD in OT? Icing the kicker? Giving up 40 yard run in OT?
4. 6-10

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thoughts:
1. 5 primetime games - Jerruh wins again
2. 1-3 December, but we will win Week 17. Yeehaw.
3. Will we lose to Arizona in a teh debacle again? Blocked punt TD in OT? Icing the kicker? Giving up 40 yard run in OT?
4. 6-10
To me a 6-10 prediction is just as silly and far out there as a 10-6 prediction. I have no idea why anyone would predict anything other then 8-8 for this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
To me a 6-10 prediction is just as silly and far out there as a 10-6 prediction. I have no idea why anyone would predict anything other then 8-8 for this team.
The difference between 6-10 and 8-8 is minimal. It is not the same as a plus two that takes a team to 10-6.

This team was closer to 6-10 than 10-6. Last year and in any of the years before that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The difference between 6-10 and 8-8 is minimal. It is not the same as a plus two that takes a team to 10-6.

This team was closer to 6-10 than 10-6. Last year and in any of the years before that.
:lol

And yet we finished 8-8. We had lots of close losses though. You're just trying hard to be pessimistic. Last year we had 4 losses of 2 points or less. Conversely we only had one win of 2 points or less.

2011 8-8
2012 8-8
2013 8-8

To predict anything other then 8-8 this season is just trying really hard to impress everyone with your extra pessimism. But not particularly realistic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

And yet we finished 8-8. We had lots of close losses though. You're just trying hard to be pessimistic.

2011 8-8
2012 8-8
2013 8-8

To predict anything other then 8-8 this season is just trying really hard to impress everyone with your extra pessimism. But not particularly realistic.
Not trying to impress anyone.

After an offseason where you get rid of your best pass rusher, your QB is coming off of back surgery and you have a lame duck coach?

Hell, I am being optimistic.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

And yet we finished 8-8. We had lots of close losses though. You're just trying hard to be pessimistic.

2011 8-8
2012 8-8
2013 8-8

Looking at the schedule I really don't see 8 wins

49ers Loss
@Titans Win
@Rams Win
Saints Loss
Texans Loss
@Seahawks Loss
Giants Win
Redskins Win
Cardinals Loss
@Jaguars Win
@Giants Loss
Eagles Win
@Bears Loss
@Eagles Loss
Colts Loss
@Redskins Loss

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking at the schedule I really don't see 8 wins

49ers Loss
@Titans Win
@Rams Win
Saints Loss
Texans Loss
@Seahawks Loss
Giants Win
Redskins Win
Cardinals Loss
@Jaguars Win
@Giants Loss
Eagles Win
@Bears Loss
@Eagles Loss
Colts Loss
@Redskins Loss
All the highlighted games could easily be wins. Hell the Texans were horrendous last year. And who exactly is playing QB for them? We swept the Giants last year. Swept the pathetic Redskins. We did lose to the Eagles but it was with our backup QB.

It is possible for this team to be 6-10 next year but it only happens if Romo misses the majority of the season.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
All the highlighted games could easily be wins. Hell the Texans were horrendous last year. And who exactly is playing QB for them? We swept the Giants last year. Swept the pathetic Redskins. We did lose to the Eagles but it was with our backup QB.

It is possible for this team to be 6-10 next year but it only happens if Romo misses the majority of the season.
There's noway we can expect the division to be as bad as last year, and I could see the Texans having a Chiefs kinda turnaround. I also didn't account for the inevitable Garrett snafu.

Carp

DCC 4Life
There's noway we can expect the division to be as bad as last year, and I could see the Texans having a Chiefs kinda turnaround. I also didn't account for the inevitable Garrett snafu.
Come on man...the Texans could be better, but that is silly...they are the next KC? Lol...you just wanted another loss.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Come on man...the Texans could be better, but that is silly...they are the next KC? Lol...you just wanted another loss.
No, all the bad teams on our schedule are going to be a lot better. All the great teams on our schedule are going to remain great. So basically everyone else in the NFL next year will be awesome except the Cowboys.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's crazy that we made it to 8-8 with the NFL's worst defense. Our defense looks to be even worse than last year. We could have every team in the league laying 40+ on us and Romo throwing 60 times a game trying to catch up.

D

Deuce

I think Houston could easily be a loss. They still have a lot of weapons on offense and a D that isn't too far removed from being very good. Add Clowney to it and they could wreak havoc on Romo and his back.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Talking about records is silly until after the draft, but status quo, I have us at 7-9 best case scenario.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

All of the division games you bolded are away games. Easily losses.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Houston could easily be a loss. They still have a lot of weapons on offense and a D that isn't too far removed from being very good. Add Clowney to it and they could wreak havoc on Romo and his back.
Ok...so we can't sneak a win, only we can get beat by underdogs.

D

Deuce

That won't happen again.
Why? The Giants have fallen apart, the Skins aren't that good even with their fragile QB and Philly was able to do wonders with dogshit at QB. My guess is Foles comes back to earth, especially without Jackson.

Top Bottom