Saints Stuff...

data

Forbes #1
Wait...this is Sunday Night Football?

Not only do we lose, but it will be epic. Not necessarily an epic blowout, but epic because we'll do something completely asinine.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Saint's lost to the Browns last week. Just sayin.....
I feel like we have just been waiting for the Saints to break out and look like the team we all expect. The Saints are better then they have been playing and I fully expect them to play much better against us then they did the Browns.

midswat

... soon
If I were Marinelli, Id assign Claiborn to cover Graham.

Why?

Two words: Size

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think considering how Fat Rob has had such a poor defense out of the gate, considering his family, he will get the Saints back in bounty mode and try to finish off Romo's back. He'll load 8 in the box on every play and send the house when we pass.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Factors working against us: ATT Stadium provides perfect passing conditions and will appear like a home game to the Saints.
If Jones had any competitor in him, he'd open the roof just to play a little mindgame. But he won't.

Carp

DCC 4Life
IRVING, Texas -- Gene Steratore’s officiating crew will work Sunday’s game between the Dallas Cowboys and New Orleans Saints.

Since 2010, the Cowboys have had Steratore as a referee three times and lost all three games. He worked the Week 17 defeat against the Philadelphia Eagles, and the Cowboys were not penalized in the game. In the past three games, Steratore’s crew has called 14 penalties for 111 yards against the Cowboys.

Last week the crew worked the Arizona Cardinals-San Francisco 49ers matchup. They threw 20 flags with 14 accepted penalties for 143 yards. The Niners had nine penalties for 107 yards, and the Cardinals had five penalties for 36 yards.

If last week is any indication, the Cowboys’ defensive backs must play it straight this week. This crew had six illegal use of hands, illegal contact, pass interference or defensive holding penalties.

The breakdown:

12-men on the field: 1
Illegal contact: 2
Illegal use of hands: 2
Face mask: 2
False start: 2
Defensive holding: 1
Offensive holding: 3
Roughing the passer: 1
Unnecessary roughness: 2
Clipping: 1
Taunting: 1
Offensive pass interference: 1
Defensive pass interference: 1

Quarter by quarter:

First: 5
Second: 3
Third: 5
Fourth: 7

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I were Marinelli, Id assign Claiborn to cover Graham.

Why?

Two words: Size
:lol

Yea, I saw that the world's smartest football man suggested this matchup.

Here's the problem.....size, speed, strength, quickness, instincts.....it doesn't matter which one of those attributes he thinks Claiborne possesses because it's not going to help him one bit.

Cover Jimmy Graham? :lol

Claiborne couldn't cover Kevin Ogletree at this point, and that moron thinks he's gonna do a decent job on the best TE in the game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Yea, I saw that the world's smartest football man suggested this matchup.

Here's the problem.....size, speed, strength, quickness, instincts.....it doesn't matter which one of those attributes he thinks Claiborne possesses because it's not going to help him one bit.

Cover Jimmy Graham? :lol

Claiborne couldn't cover Kevin Ogletree at this point, and that moron thinks he's gonna do a decent job on the best TE in the game.
Apparently there is a misconception that Claiborne is our biggest, most physical corner. Carr is actually bigger if you want to get technical and preach "size".

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Apparently there is a misconception that Claiborne is our biggest, most physical corner. Carr is actually bigger if you want to get technical and preach "size".
Either way put someone on him that can jump higher.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Saints are going to have to do some shuffling up front, as it appears center Jonathan Goodwin is going to miss some time.

According to Mike Triplett of ESPN.com, Goodwin suffered a high ankle sprain in Sunday’s win over the Vikings, and will miss some time.

That leaves the job to Tim Lelito, who worked with the ones during training camp before Goodwin rejoined the team.

“I think we felt the whole time like we had two starters, and whoever they named the opening day starter was fine with us,” Saints right tackle Zach Strief said. “We feel good about both of ‘em. And hopefully we’ll get Goody back sooner than later.”

Strief said “nothing changed” when Lelito entered the game, but there was that one thing.

On his first snap, he launched a shotgun snap past quarterback Drew Brees, though Brees said he owned some of the blame for not fielding it.

“Listen, I gotta play shortstop,” said Brees, who went to Lelito to encourage him after that play. “I can’t let those balls get by me. I don’t care if they’re low, high, coming in hot, whatever. That’s my job. So I’m as mad at myself as anybody.”

He’ll need to work on turning that double play this week, because it appears Lelito is going to be feeding him for the next few weeks.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The Film Don't Lie: Cowboys
September, 23, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- A weekly look at what the Dallas Cowboys must fix:

The Cowboys have yet to play against a dominant passing game. In the first three games, they have faced Colin Kaepernick, Jake Locker and Austin Davis. On Sunday, they face Drew Brees of the New Orleans Saints.

The best way to challenge a quarterback is with a dominating pass rush. Through three games the Cowboys have just three sacks. Without pressure, quarterbacks can do what they want against defenses. Davis, who was making just his second career start, completed 71.4 percent of his passes and threw for 327 yards. He was not sacked, nor was he affected enough. Brees is coming off a game in which he completed 77 percent of his passes (27 of 35) vs. the Minnesota Vikings. The last time Brees saw the Cowboys, he completed 83 percent of his passes (34 of 41) as the Saints rolled by the Cowboys last year at the Superdome.

The Cowboys had no answer for the Saints, giving up an NFL-record 40 first downs and 625 yards.

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the Cowboys failed when they brought pressure or played zone. Brees was 9-of-9 with two touchdowns when the Cowboys brought five or more pass-rushers and 6-of-6 when the Cowboys blitzed a member of the secondary.

Sitting in zone coverage might not be the answer either, as the Cowboys have not displayed the ability to match up well in a zone either.

Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli will have to mix up the looks he gives Brees, but he might be helped more if Tony Romo & Co., keep Brees off the field.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Carr on Graham is not a bad idea, actually. Try to take away that option and stack the line inside to get pressure up the middle, force Brees to throw to the outside receivers with clogged passing lanes. Brees has thrown his share of picks over the years. I have no doubt they will score no matter what we do but if you fuck with Brees' vision and take away his safest option we could come away with a few key turnovers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli will have to mix up the looks he gives Brees, but he might be helped more if Tony Romo & Co., keep Brees off the field.
IIRC we had a lead in that game, 10-7 based off of running the ball before the wheels fell off.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Carr on Graham is not a bad idea, actually. Try to take away that option and stack the line inside to get pressure up the middle, force Brees to throw to the outside receivers with clogged passing lanes. Brees has thrown his share of picks over the years. I have no doubt they will score no matter what we do but if you fuck with Brees' vision and take away his safest option we could come away with a few key turnovers.
Agree with this also.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Vegas betting lines probably moved 2 points in Dallas' favor once the Claiborne news broke.

Top Bottom