S George Iloka To Visit Cowboys

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They cost way too much
Well that's the thing if you spend Earl Thomas money you're not drafting his replacement. Then when he gets hurt you're left high and dry. It's why I was cool with Berry on a prove it deal but no way I would have wanted him on a multi year deal.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
The thing that worried me about Earl Thomas and Berry are the injuries. Both guys have missed a lot of games the last few years. And they may have kept us from drafting one.
Exactly! And in my opinion it's just time to make a wise move and start all over with youth. I think McClay will find a solid player in April.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The thing that worried me about Earl Thomas and Berry are the injuries. Both guys have missed a lot of games the last few years. And they may have kept us from drafting one.
My thoughts exactly. I'm not sure why everyone is clamoring to sign up for Eric Berry who is essentially the DB version of Sean Lee when it comes to health.

Availability is the best ability.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Yeah, now I'm just hoping Iloka is more like the really good safety we saw with the Bengals. I have my doubts but Heath didn't set a very high bar.
If Iloka is better than Heath, Im happy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Scouting Report: Iloka’s Best Fit At Safety

FRISCO, Texas – Here’s my scouting report on new Cowboys safety George Iloka, who officially signed a one-year free agent contract on Monday:

Name: George Iloka
Position: Safety
College: Boise State
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Draft: 5th Round (Bengals) in 2012
Games Studied: The Vikings’ 2018 games against the Cardinals, Saints and Jets.

Scouting Report:
  • Started three games for the Vikings in 2018 (Cardinals/Saints/Jets). Was part of a rotating system at safety.
  • Correct reactions when playing near the line. Adjusted to the screen well to make the stop.
  • I believe he sees things well. There is football intelligence to his game. Doesn’t get fooled.
  • Nice job of disguising the blitz. Didn’t tip off that he was coming.
  • Consistent wrap up tackler. He’s not going to let you down in this area. He will deliver a blow on the goal line.
  • Would not call him quick footed. There is not smoothness to his game. His length doesn’t allow him to be quick. Hard for him to really cover ground. Feel he’s best when near the line.
  • Hard for him to close quickly from depth. Reacts the right way but can be a step late.
  • In any type of coverage where he’s going to have to carry a receiver down the field, his lack of speed is going to be a problem. To turn and run is an issue.
  • Reminds me of Barry Church in the way he plays. Physical but lacks athletic traits. Need to play him around the line in order for him to have a chance. The deeper he plays the more issues he has.

Top Bottom