Rule Out Miles Austin To Detroit

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A lot of speculation today on Twitter about Dallas possibly shopping Austin to Detroit since Nate Burleson broke his arm in a car accident.

The Lions did work out Anthony Armstrong though.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot of speculation today on Twitter about Dallas possibly shopping Austin to Detroit since Nate Burleson broke his arm in a car accident.

The Lions did work out Anthony Armstrong though.
I wouldn't want to trade Austin this season either unless they gave us an excellent pick in return. None of that fourth or fifth round shit though. Odds are we miss on that type of pick. This year might be as good as any for the Cowboys with a Romo led team. The O-line is playing well, the defense looks great, we have a talented WR/TE unit and Murray is still healthy.

Might as well roll with it this year before that cap gets worse.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would move Austin for a second or third rounder. In a second. Clearing off his contract being the primary motivation.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I would move Austin for a second or third rounder. In a second. Clearing off his contract being the primary motivation.
Agreed, it'd be a tough pill to swallow right now as I stand here relative to the team that we have now, but I think we'd look back on it as the right move in 2 years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Agreed, it'd be a tough pill to swallow right now as I stand here relative to the team that we have now, but I think we'd look back on it as the right move in 2 years.
It is a tough decision thinking you are "right there". But with his contract, and his ridiculous hamstrings? If you can get a quality pick, you take it and worry about the regrets later.

I wouldn't give him away. But if Detroit offered a 2 or 3, or a quality starter? Bye Miles.

D

Deuce

It is a tough decision thinking you are "right there". But with his contract, and his ridiculous hamstrings? If you can get a quality pick, you take it and worry about the regrets later.

I wouldn't give him away. But if Detroit offered a 2 or 3, or a quality starter? Bye Miles.
I'd do it for Fairley.

:unsure

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Desperation to make people stop triple-covering Megatron.
And we don't want people to stop people from double and tripple covering Dez? Lions aren't going to win anything this year. Why would they make that desperation move?

By the way, no way in hell Jerry would move Austin at this point of the season. In his mind that would be sacrificing the superbowl this year for a second round pick.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Maybe we can get our 1st and third back.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And we don't want people to stop people from double and tripple covering Dez? Lions aren't going to win anything this year. Why would they make that desperation move?

By the way, no way in hell Jerry would move Austin at this point of the season. In his mind that would be sacrificing the superbowl this year for a second round pick.
We know he wouldn't. That is not the question really. This is the same man who clutched onto Martellus Bennett for dear life.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And we don't want people to stop people from double and tripple covering Dez?

I didn't say anything about Jerry, we already know this shit. He thinks everyone on the roster is gem.

Lions aren't going to win anything this year. Why would they make that desperation move?
Depends on how safe everyone's job is in Detroit. People will bet their house to get back out of a hole. GMs and coaches have made dumber gambles hoping to turn 8-8 into 10-6.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Jerry is a fucktard so we probably wouldn't trade Austin even if Detroit were to offer a 1st.

Of course, if we hypothetically got offered a 1st or 2nd for him we should absolutely take it. We would probably have se growing pains without him for a few weeks, but assuming Bryant stays healthy we would probably get by. And this is coming from someone who thinks a lot of Austin.

Yes, we have a good shot at winning the division but at the same time I doubt we'd diminish our chances that much by trading Austin given how bad the division really is.

I wouldn't just give Austin away but if we were to get a top few rounds offer for him it should be an easy decision.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Theoretically, Williams could move up and Harris could occupy the slot position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, we have a good shot at winning the division but at the same time I doubt we'd diminish our chances that much by trading Austin given how bad the division really is.

I wouldn't just give Austin away but if we were to get a top few rounds offer for him it should be an easy decision.
My thought with Austin is that he can't be relied on. When the game is on the line and you need to get the win, odds are he is on the sideline with some type of an injury. I have actually been pretty outspoken that we should cut him after this year or as soon as we can given our cap situation. There would be growing pains with Williams but ultimately I think he can be every bit the complimentary player that Austin is in our offense.

If I was making the draft picks I'd probably even consider a fourth rounder for Austin. The problem is we know that Jerry will be making the picks and I don't trust him. So anything less the top 3 rounds I pretty much would write off as a waste and I would rather use Austin to transition to Williams this year.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Get rid of exploding hammies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And we don't want people to stop people from double and tripple covering Dez?
Teams are already doing that, in case you didn't notice in the Giants and Rams games.

And do you know why they keep doing that? Because Miles isn't getting open.

He isn't a difference maker anymore and I'd even send him packing for a 4th because he's an average player with a contract that needs to come off the books.

Top Bottom