Rookies to Watch: Travis Frederick

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Barely. His production on the field damn sure wasn't worth a first round pick. He was a warm body with a high pedigree that was given every chance and then some because of it. There are late rounders littering the league that offers what he does.
Sure, but there are first rounders littering the league that offered less, too.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Sure, but there are first rounders littering the league that offered less, too.
Oh. Well, that makes it so much more acceptable.

There have been a lot of first round busts, too. Makes me feel a whole lot better about the B. Carpenter selection.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Didn't Mrs. Nodak win you a #54?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Oh. Well, that makes it so much more acceptable.
Well I didn't say we should be aiming for every first round pick to be a Marcus Spears, but it's hardly a "failure."

There have been a lot of first round busts, too. Makes me feel a whole lot better about the B. Carpenter selection.
Yes, and those ones are failures.

Spears is somewhere in the middle.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm just gonna go ahead and take that as a prop. :towel

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I still have that mutha, too.

:fistpump
I got sucked in after the Seattle game. Strangely he was about the only one playing with any heart.

Just think, if Romo had pulled it off Bobbeh would have been quite the hero.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I got sucked in after the Seattle game. Strangely he was about the only one playing with any heart.

Just think, if Romo had pulled it off Bobbeh would have been quite the hero.
Don't tell anybody, but when he got that pick 6 off Romo I secretly rooted for him.

:unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
To: Carp

p1_

DCC 4Life
No, but Spears clearly was overrated by Parcells. I mean he was going to pass on Ware for Spears.
Parcells had some real failed picks for us. I was stunned at the number of whiffs.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Parcells had some real failed picks for us. I was stunned at the number of whiffs.
But he did teach Jerry that you can never have too many LBs or TEs.

Appreciate the little things.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If you look at the number of good players versus bad that he drafted in that span, particularly if you count UDFAs as well, he was up there with the best front offices around, mostly on the strength of 2005. The one thing that's glaring though is that every other good front office found offensive linemen and he found nothing but busts at those positions with premium picks.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

this is one of the plays in that video. do we give him a pass for "hands to the face"? nah.

Top Bottom