Rookie Mini Camp Thread

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
That's the main reason Green was projected as a 5th-6th rounder.
I think booze was right, the Cowboys thought of him similarly to where they had Frederick in 2013, as the "last Mohican" except this time at swing tackle instead of starting OL. That rings all kinds of true.

I also think they are seriously concerned about Lee and McClain which is why they are throwing numbers at the linebacker position.

Dallas had Carter, Hitchens and nobody in Green Bay. McClain was his former self's shadow's ghost in that game, and Cameron Lawrence was worse than a jag.

With Carter and Durant gone, Dallas is scrambling with chaff like Gachkar and Rivers to supplement Lee and McClain whom they just can't count on. Hence the Wilson pick

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
With Carter and Durant gone, Dallas is scrambling with chaff like Gachkar and Rivers to supplement Lee and McClain whom they just can't count on. Hence the Wilson pick
If they think Gachkar and Brinkley were "chaff" they are idiots because it is not like we just cut them with no cap penalties. Rivers was a different story.

I said it when we drafted this Wilson kid, we wasted a money in free agency or we did it in a state of panic thinking McClain was gone. Now we are stuck.

That pick of Wilson is what a team with thin roster options makes. We just signed three LBers in FA to prep for McClain leaving. It is like we totally ignored that fact.

He's not going to be a top line starter any more than they are forcing the issue out of Hitchens. He did okay last year, but if the referees don't pick up that flag, Hitchens is considered a goat and not nearly the steal he is being considered as now.

The Wilson pick was the one that made the least amount of sense to me considering that even if we took a one kneed Ajayi who could produce at a decent level through his first contract, it is better than a backup LB/ST guy.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's not going to be a top line starter any more than they are forcing the issue out of Hitchens. He did okay last year, but if the referees don't pick up that flag, Hitchens is considered a goat and not nearly the steal he is being considered as now.
Steal, goat, whatever, he ended up our most dependable LB by the end of the season. Lee, Durant, and McClain couldn't take the beatings our 1-techniques inflicted upon them. Carter was far more talented but so flakey the team seemed happy to let him go.

The Wilson pick was the one that made the least amount of sense to me considering that even if we took a one kneed Ajayi who could produce at a decent level through his first contract, it is better than a backup LB/ST guy.
If the OL can still single-team Hayden it matters a whole lot less how much depth we have at Will, though the team seems to think throwing numbers at it will fix it.

Jack Lambert would have ended up a cripple in this defense.

Top Bottom