Romo Appreciation Thread

data

Forbes #1
- 4x Pro-Bowler
- 1x All-Pro (2nd team)
- Cowboys career record holder for passing TDs, passing yards, INT %, 4th qtr comebacks, 300+ yard games, games with 3+ TDs
- Cowboys single-season record holder for passing TDs & passing yards
- Highest career QB rating in 4th quarter
- Highest career QB rating in December
- 97.1 career QB rating is 4th highest all-time
- Half-Latino who married a Caucasian blonde
- Took a homeless person on a date to the movies
- Changed a flat tire roadside for a stranded couple
- Stopped a bank robbery in-progress after gunman fired warning shot

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
His Skechers commercials are pretty sweet.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Ended up with a sweet timeshare deal in Cabo.

data

Forbes #1
As of right now, best Cowboys QB post-Aikman.
Romo never had the supporting cast (coaching and teammates) Aikman and Staubach had at their respective peaks.

If not better, how close is Romo to being the best or 2nd best QB in franchise history?

Sheik

DCC 4Life
Romo never had the supporting cast (coaching and teammates) Aikman and Staubach had at their respective peaks.

If not better, how close is Romo to being the best or 2nd best QB in franchise history?
Aikman was a pure passer, accurate af, SBs have to have him at the top.

Romo is the best QB not named Aikman to play for this team. His ability to make players around him better and extend plays is unmatched, IMO.

I’m sure there are a few old farts here that think White Homie The Clown was better, but the game is so much faster and I don’t think anyone from the 60s and 70s would be starting in the league today. Too many stiff dudes who worked at the lumber mill in the offseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Staubach and Aikman were both better than Romo.
It's true. Romo was very good. I appreciate all he did here. But in the end the goal is to win Superbowls and he never even sniffed one. His career was a roller coast ride where the highs were awesome and lows were miserable.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm as big of a Romo fan as there is and I think he was fantastic, but we're comparing him to two first ballot hall of famers.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
I'm surprised this is even debatable. Romo was very good, but those two were great. Roger probably even more than Troy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Based on what? If you loaded the team with players that both Aikman and Staubach had on Romo’s team, I think you would change your mind. The fact that both players had SuperBowls in their tenure is a testimony of the overall personnel quality. And the fact that Romo set franchise records despite sub par team personnel is another testimony to his talents.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Based on what? If you loaded the team with players that both Aikman and Staubach had on Romo’s team, I think you would change your mind. The fact that both players had SuperBowls in their tenure is a testimony of the overall personnel quality. And the fact that Romo set franchise records despite sub par team personnel is another testimony to his talents.
Romo has had talented teams. Aikman and Staubach has had some mediocre teams. Aikman and Staubach win the big games. Romo goes to Cabo. As far as the stats the game today is different and passing stats are easy to get. I don't put as much stock in that. Give me the leader and winner every time.

Top Bottom