Randy: No.

Agent: I quit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Source: NFL will rule on Randy Gregory before Cowboys playoff game

Jan 4
1/4/2017 7:52:14 PM

The NFL will rule on defensive end Randy Gregory's appeal of a missed drug test in the next seven to 10 days, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to a source.

A decision will be made before the Dallas Cowboys suit up for the NFC Divisional Playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 15, the source said.

Gregory was back with the Cowboys Wednesday after flying to New York on Tuesday to appeal the missed test that has him in the cross hairs of a year-long suspension.

Gregory was suspended for the first 14 games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The latest issue came up while he was serving the suspension

dallen

Senior Tech
How kind of them. Probably about an hour before

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So the issue now being reviewed is a missed drug test not an actual failed test. I didn't know what the actual issue was.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Was great to see him making plays for a couple games.

He seemed to be well-spoken in the locker room interview, too.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The whole thing is ludicrous. Akin to swatting a fly with a sledgehammer.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
How kind of them. Probably about an hour before
Yeah just like they denied him the ability to practice less then 24 hours before he was supposed to be practicing.

The sad thing is we have seen him back on the field and he looks great. But if they suspend him for another season they may literally be ruining the kids career. Just seems silly to me over something that didn't harm anyone and wasn't a performance enhancer. The league really should rethink there policy. On a side note though, the guy was in rehab most of the time I thought. How the hell did he miss a test?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't know, but the safe assumption is that he skipped it because he knew he was going to fail.
Yeah as an attorney that's usually my assumption as well. Although it's not always true. Just most of the time.

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah as an attorney that's usually my assumption as well. Although it's not always true. Just most of the time.
I've heard a rumor that the reason he missed it is because he was in rehab and couldn't leave to get to the league's testing. If it weren't the NFL I'd say that is ridiculous, but they've penalized people for stupider stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I've heard a rumor that the reason he missed it is because he was in rehab and couldn't leave to get to the league's testing. If it weren't the NFL I'd say that is ridiculous, but they've penalized people for stupider stuff.
For him to initiate a visit to the league office, I take that as him thinking that there were circumstances that caused him to miss the test which was beyond his control.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If he misses a test for any reason, it's a serious misstep.

If you're the league, you have to assume any excuse is 95% bullshit. Don't trust, and verify.

Now if he's in a league-assigned rehab and misses a league-administered test, then I could see justification for appeal.

But must of the time there is no excuse for missing a test.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Source: NFL will rule on Randy Gregory before Cowboys playoff game

Jan 4
1/4/2017 7:52:14 PM

The NFL will rule on defensive end Randy Gregory's appeal of a missed drug test in the next seven to 10 days, Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to a source.

A decision will be made before the Dallas Cowboys suit up for the NFC Divisional Playoffs on Sunday, Jan. 15, the source said.

Gregory was back with the Cowboys Wednesday after flying to New York on Tuesday to appeal the missed test that has him in the cross hairs of a year-long suspension.

Gregory was suspended for the first 14 games of the season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.

The latest issue came up while he was serving the suspension
Wasn't the test he missed assigned while he was in rehab? I could be wrong but I seem to remember that coming up at the time.

{I was time stamped}

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
If that is true he should have no problem winning his appeal, but I am skeptical.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm skeptical of the league doing anything positive in our favor with regards to a suspension.
The league can't afford to be lenient when it comes to missed tests.

So he was in "rehab". Why not coordinate his tests with the league then?

I seriously doubt the league implements or coordinates with any official rehab program. That's expensive and hard to manage. If you opt for rehab, it's on your time and dime (or whatever your benefits cover).

Doesn't change needing to piss in a cup when the league says so. How hard would that be to privately arrange with a rehab program, especially one claiming to cater to professional athletes?

I don't buy his excuse and am pretty sure he fucked up by not covering his bases.

Utterly. Stupid.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
A year plus. So, do you cut him or keep him?

Top Bottom