Report: Jonathan Martin “gone AWOL” from Dolphins

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Looks like he hugs a black guy at the end of that video though.

Carl

RIP Brother
I can see Jeff Ireland getting a lot of the blame for this, and not getting out of this unscathed. I remember not too long ago, that his leaving the Cowboy's was one of the worst things I could think of. Oh well.

Also, Kirk Morrison was talking on Fox Radio tonight and said he has no doubt that Incognito would be much more welcome back in any locker room than Martin ever will be. Probably true.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I find that hard to believe just because of the racial epithets.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Thing now is the Dolphins staff actually ordered a code red. Weird stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The baffling thing to me is that the guy is on the teams leadership council. I mean a guy with that much of a past and apparent racist tendencies is what they look for in a leader down in Miami.

I would not be surprised to see this be the end of Martin's career either. I think it would be hard for him to come back and he seems like a sensitive guy that might not want to go through the hassle.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Also...I am kind of waiting to hear that Martin is gay.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
The baffling thing to me is that the guy is on the teams leadership council. I mean a guy with that much of a past and apparent racist tendencies is what they look for in a leader down in Miami.

I would not be surprised to see this be the end of Martin's career either. I think it would be hard for him to come back and he seems like a sensitive guy that might not want to go through the hassle.
At least Martin has enough brains to make something of himself.

What's Incognito's ceiling? Bar bouncer?

jeebs

Brand New Member
I find that hard to believe just because of the racial epithets.
In my experience groups of young guys use more racial comments then anyone and if you are part of the circle they really don't give a shit how racist you are to people outside of that circle.

jeebs

Brand New Member
At least Martin has enough brains to make something of himself.

What's Incognito's ceiling? Bar bouncer?
Which is why I don't get the outrage. A 300 pound monster, who has never had to censor himself, said something racist? No shit, have they not ever hung out with a bouncer?

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Would you take him? I'd give him a look, surely Garrett's Princeton-tinged environment would be more appealing...and we could always use a solid, young tackle

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Would you take him? I'd give him a look, surely Garrett's Princeton-tinged environment would be more appealing...and we could always use a solid, young tackle
I wouldn't take the guy. First off...he was not exactly "solid". He was shaky at best.

Plus, I think there's more to this that will develop.

I don't buy it is just a simple fact that Incognito is a thug. We already knew that.

I am with others...wouldn't be shocked if the gay thing eventually surfaces.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It gets weirder and weirder.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think it may be more about the money aspect that put everything over the top.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think it may be more about the money aspect that put everything over the top.
Maybe. But it could just be he's gay.

You don't basically hospitalize yourself over mental anguish based off of getting extorted for money.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This whole thing is spinning in weird directions.

One angle cries racism.

The other talks about bullying and to a lesser degree hazing.

To me, it is hypersensitive nonsense for the most part.

This should not be a springboard to the social issue of racism or bullying and apply itself to parts of "real life".

But watch, the league will continue to push social issues to protect "the shield" and ban even the singing for your food at training camp, which I don't think is harmful in the least.

These silly media types saying OMG HAZING! are either complete idiots that have denied the reality of a locker room or just trying to come off as socially conscious.

Player culture on a team is about all these guys have left that hasn't been trod upon. It is no wonder why a lot of players aren't exactly enthused about this crap.

Top Bottom