Report: Injuries reported from possible shooter at Fort Hood

D

Deuce

Where are you hearing the military ALLOWED him to have a loaded weapon on post? That's twice you've mentioned it now.
I'm not hearing it anywhere, but I guess I'm just assuming that sneaking illegal firearms into a military base shouldn't be easy. Apparently it is which is sad, especially considering what's happened in that base's recent history.

dallen

Senior Tech
You've become much more uppity since you bought this joint.

Does spending 30 bucks make you feel important or something?
My boy Skid drops more Hamiltons than Aaron Burr.

(3 is the number of Hamiltons he has dropped)

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If he's going through testing for PTSD, why is he still allowed to carry or have access to firearms? That in itself is awfully risky.
According to news reports he bought the gun recently from a local gun store. To my understanding he was able to do so because he didn't have any documented PTSD/mental problems. The gun store ran the right checks but the guy had nothing on record that would raise a red flag.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You've become much more uppity since you bought this joint.

Does spending 30 bucks make you feel important or something?
Well, I am a thousandaire!

I was just trying to make a funny. I'll try to turn down the uppityness a few notches. No more bold letters from this boy.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not hearing it anywhere, but I guess I'm just assuming that sneaking illegal firearms into a military base shouldn't be easy. Apparently it is which is sad, especially considering what's happened in that base's recent history.
Fort Hood is the Army's largest installation we have upwards of 90,000 Soldiers and civilians working on the post. It's not reasonable to stop and physically search each vehicle as it enters post. It would literally take hours for everyone to get on base.

They do random checks from time to time but overall it's fairly easy to sneak a small handgun onto the installation.

Even when I was at smaller bases they didn't pull over every vehicle to physically inspect them. The only 100% check that the installations do use is the picture ID check. If you have a military ID you'll likely get waved right through, there's a small chance you'll get insepcted, but other than that you're good to go. If all you have is a civilian ID then you're more likely to be searched.

But again most of the people that visit Ft. Hood have some type of military or Department of Defense ID so the inspections are pretty sporadic for the sake of keeping traffic moving.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I do some work on the bases here and have very little trouble getting through with my guys in a box van or multiple box vans.

I could be carrying a small aircraft in these things without a problem.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Now there's an article on FoxNews saying that his friends and family are claiming that his mother recently died and he was angry that he wasn't allowed to immediately return to Puerto Rico.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
My boy Skid drops more Hamiltons than Aaron Burr.

(3 is the number of Hamiltons he has dropped)
It was actually 1 Jackson, 1 Lincoln, 3 Washingtons, 1 Susan B Anthony, 7 Roosevelts and 6 Jeffersons....

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Now there's an article on FoxNews saying that his friends and family are claiming that his mother recently died and he was angry that he wasn't allowed to immediately return to Puerto Rico.
Oh so now we are blaming the Latino?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well, I am a thousandaire!

I was just trying to make a funny. I'll try to turn down the uppityness a few notches. No more bold letters from this boy.
You're still my boy, Blue.

:buddy

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I want some props for being glad 1big is okay, or I will rescind said wish.
Begging for props is now an infractable offense. Tread lightly.

1bigfan13

Staff member
They're doing 100% vehicle searches at Fort Hood today and tomorrow since El Presidente is scheduled to attend the memorial service. I live approx. 3 miles from base and it usually takes me 10 minutes to commute. Today it took me a little over 2 hours just to get on base.

Traffic is backed up for miles all around the city of Killeen.

This is why I said it's not realistic to conduct thorough searches of every vehicle entering post. It would completely disrupt the entire city of Killeen because even people who aren't going on base have to sit in traffic jams for hours.

Carp

DCC 4Life
True story...Obama came to Nellis when I was there and me and a friend got to listen to him speak. We all of course sprang to attention when she was introduced. He told everyone to take their seats, but we lingered standing because we were near the back of the hangar. We finally sat down and when we did his chair basically just fell apart, causing a loud noise while he was speaking...I laughed my ass off. Think at the end of Tommy Boy when the bench breaks when Farley sits down on it. Anyways, part of his team just hands us another chair without missing a beat.

Top Bottom