Report: Cowboys ‘leading contender’ to acquire Ravens safety Earl Thomas

p1_

DCC 4Life
I’m sorry, that’s just straight up moronic

data

Forbes #1
My sources said three days ago that there’d be news in the next 72 hours.

~ crickets over weekend ~

That 72 hours starts today

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
It better be a reputable source like CNN/SI.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Carr was top 5 in snaps played last year for the Ravens defense last year so I'm confident in him if he's playing a rotational role. Counting on him to start 16 games is a different story of course.

Stasheroo

DCC 4Life
Carr was top 5 in snaps played last year for the Ravens defense last year so I'm confident in him if he's playing a rotational role. Counting on him to start 16 games is a different story of course.
I don't worry about Carr's availability.

data

Forbes #1
My sources said three days ago that there’d be news in the next 72 hours.

~ crickets over weekend ~

That 72 hours starts today
My bad. That 72 hours starts today.

dpf1123

DCC 4Life
I'm sorry I opened the actual article...our GM.

“So it’s not that we’re not pretty sound in our minds at that safety position where a player like Earl Thomas could, but won’t be back there for opening day...

Jerry almost didn't remember (Xavier) Woods' name (to go with Darian Thompson's name. And when you don't remember the names of the players, I don't think you feel good about the group."

p1_

DCC 4Life
I'm sorry I opened the actual article...our GM.

“So it’s not that we’re not pretty sound in our minds at that safety position where a player like Earl Thomas could, but won’t be back there for opening day...

Jerry almost didn't remember (Xavier) Woods' name (to go with Darian Thompson's name. And when you don't remember the names of the players, I don't think you feel good about the group."
"If you want Earl Thomas on the Cowboys, here's what you want to happen Sunday night on 105.3 The Fan. ... You want the Cowboys to win 40-37. You want an amazing Mike McCarthy/Dak Prescott offense ... but you want this secondary to get torched by Jared Goff. You want to win the game, but you want to win a high-scoring a shootout. If you want Earl Thomas, then the Cowboys will go and get him when the money isn't guaranteed. They're not going to mess up their money situation by signing him right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont want that. I don't want to feel desperate and think that all is lost if we don't sign ET. Just no.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
"If you want Earl Thomas on the Cowboys, here's what you want to happen Sunday night on 105.3 The Fan. ... You want the Cowboys to win 40-37. You want an amazing Mike McCarthy/Dak Prescott offense ... but you want this secondary to get torched by Jared Goff. You want to win the game, but you want to win a high-scoring a shootout. If you want Earl Thomas, then the Cowboys will go and get him when the money isn't guaranteed. They're not going to mess up their money situation by signing him right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I dont want that. I don't want to feel desperate and think that all is lost if we don't sign ET. Just no.
Not only that, but if we give up 37 points and get torched in the secondary, then we have much bigger problems than just a hole at safety.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not only that, but if we give up 37 points and get torched in the secondary, then we have much bigger problems than just a hole at safety.
Some of these writers just spout the first thing that pops into their minds.

I think it'll come down to if the current group of safeties are able to handle the mental responsibilities of the position.....stuff that usually only the coaches are able to notice during post-game film sessions. Also, given the unique nature of this offseason, I don't think any coaching staff will overreact to a bad week 1 performance.

Top Bottom