Rep. Steve Scalise and others shot at GOP baseball practice

2233boys

Not So New Member
It's not just more convenient, it's more honest. People like him are used to shading the truth to try to drive their agenda. If it was a slip up it's just because he is so used to using hyperbole.
Yeah it is more believable to say he dishonestly tried to fool people to believe that 93 million people are killed a day, (something everyone knows is not true and couldn't possibly be true)

Than it is to believe he made a mistake and meant 93 people. Come on, that doesn't even make sense.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
For no better of way of putting it than in the words of a 6 year old, the media started it. Has he said some stupid shit, well yeah. Does he deserve to have his every move not only ridiculed, but also falsified and lied about? Uhh, no. It's to the point of ridiculous now. It's gotten so bad the media and his counterparts are having make up ridiculous shit because they have nothing but the some of the dumb shit he tweets, and those tweets are harmless in the grand scheme of things.
Serious question... When does it stop? If the defense for being ridiculous is the other side started it, and that just excuses whatever ridiculous behavior comes after, where does it all end? Wouldn't each side be able to endlessly ramp up the ridiculousness if "they started it" justified it all?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah it is more believable to say he dishonestly tried to fool people to believe that 93 million people are killed a day, (something everyone knows is not true and couldn't possibly be true)

Than it is to believe he made a mistake and meant 93 people. Come on, that doesn't even make sense.
I agree that it doesn't make sense. A lot of what is spewed daily from the media and a lot of the left wing side of things doesn't make sense.

Cotton

Staff member
Serious question... When does it stop? If the defense for being ridiculous is the other side started it, and that just excuses whatever ridiculous behavior comes after, where does it all end? Wouldn't each side be able to endlessly ramp up the ridiculousness if "they started it" justified it all?
That's a damn good question. Trump should shut his pie hole, put his head down, and go to work. The media should report the news instead of trying to sway people's opinion. It appears neither will happen.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I agree that it doesn't make sense. A lot of what is spewed daily from the media and a lot of the left wing side of things doesn't make sense.
My aggravation is the delibrate lies that are thrown out just because it is Trump. It's like since it's him that won the election it's okay to make up crap and feed it to everyone as truth.

Cotton

Staff member
My aggravation is the delibrate lies that are thrown out just because it is Trump. It's like since it's him that won the election it's okay to make up crap and feed it to everyone as truth.
That is my main issue with what is going on right now. I think some are pissed they lost the election and will stop at no lengths to prove they were correct in how they voted, up to and including lying with no shame whatsoever.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was referring to the general populace.

You can't sit here and tell me that the turd flinging is not out of control. And it is most certainly not one good side and one evil. It has gotten downright idiotic how it literally has become a hobby for a lot of people to run around and bash the polar opposite of their political belief system.

It is one thing to bitch about the President and elected officials. It is another to have it be a daily event. And honestly, it is provoked. Neither side has any interest in taking a moment off and to just actually think before they shit out whatever stupid, insipid idea they have in their head at the moment.

It just goes to prove people are not capable of handling the responsibility of social media. Every swinging dick asshole and whiner has a voice.
It's gotten to pathetic levels. I've had to stop following people on Twitter and mute friends on Facebook because of their nonstop rants.

Some people, many who I thought were intelligent respectable public figures, have been reduced to dedicating damn near every moment their daily lives to denigrating Trump.

I can't stand the guy either but I've got better things to do with my time than to dissect and get worked up over every comment that he makes.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I'm glad you agree you weren't making any sense

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm not saying this makes it right, because that is why we're in this never ending circle of tit for tat, but isn't that EXACTLY what Trump does?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not saying this makes it right, because that is why we're in this never ending circle of tit for tat, but isn't that EXACTLY what Trump does?
Give me some examples. Lied about Russian collusion? No. Lying about campaign and Russian collusion? No. Lying about fake news stories? No. Etc.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Give me some examples. Lied about Russian collusion? No. Lying about campaign and Russian collusion? No. Lying about fake news stories? No. Etc.
I'm not even talking about major stuff like that. I'm talking tons of minor lies in general. Obama's birth certificate, crowd sizes at inaugurations, claims of unreported terrorist attacks, high US murder rates, etc. minor shit like that.....things that only pathological liars would bother lying about.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm not even talking about major stuff like that. I'm talking tons of minor lies in general. Obama's birth certificate, crowd sizes at inaugurations, claims of unreported terrorist attacks, high US murder rates, etc. minor shit like that.....things that only pathological liars would bother lying about.
Most of that was on the campaign trail where everyone spouts off about everyone else. So I guess all candidates are pathological liars. I view that differently than deliberately trying to subvert the electoral process and create a method for ousting an elected President. The areas I am talking about are bordering on Overthrowing the government.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He actually won the popular vote too when you subtract the millions of illegal votes, Obama wiretapped him, etc.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Most of that was on the campaign trail where everyone spouts off about everyone else. So I guess all candidates are pathological liars. I view that differently than deliberately trying to subvert the electoral process and create a method for ousting an elected President. The areas I am talking about are bordering on Overthrowing the government.
Uh, I hate to break it to you but the guy has continued to lie regularly since he took office.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Exactly my point.
How does that compare to creating subversive and shadow governmental schemes to overthrow a Presidency. Didn't anyone learn anything from the Clinton debacle or is this just payback?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Uh, I hate to break it to you but the guy has continued to lie regularly since he took office.
Does his fabrications subvert the political and electoral process or is it just his personal esteem that suffers?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Does his fabrications subvert the political and electoral process or is it just his personal esteem that suffers?
I never claimed they did.

In fact, I specifically mentioned these lies were "minor" in nature.

A nuisance more than anything.

They don't bother me. I just roll my eyes and keep moving.

However I do think he intentionally says outlandish things such as the Obama wiretap claim in order to string the media along or to distract the masses from other agendas he's working on the side. Basically using it as a form of misdirection and deception.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I never claimed they did.

In fact, I specifically mentioned these lies were "minor" in nature.

A nuisance more than anything.

They don't bother me. I just roll my eyes and keep moving.

However I do think he intentionally says outlandish things such as the Obama wiretap claim in order to string the media along or to distract the masses from other agendas he's working on the side. Basically using it as a form of misdirection and deception.
Yeah I wish he would shut his mouth and deal with issues that need to be addressed but he won't. That's just his nature. I scream at him as much as anyone for his motor mouth and his egotistical outbreaks.

Top Bottom