Record projections for all 32 NFL teams in 2014

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The offensive supporting cast was bad in 2010.

That offensive line was truly offensive and Marion Barber was done, though they still paid him like a top-5 RB. Net result was no running game and frighteningly less time to throw, especially early on with Marc Colombo out of the lineup. With the line in shambles, the draw play that worked so well between the 20's in 2009 was non-existent in 2010.

The biggest problem was Jason Garrett's abject refusal to stop passing while Wade was coaching. The minute Wade was out, RHG started running the football and suddenly the team was almost competitive again to finish 5-3.

So it wasn't really Romo, it was RHG going pass-happy because he had Romo-- basically forgetting that football is a team sport.
I agree with this and stated so in the last sentence of my post. Our overall success or failure hinges on Garrett's ability to coach to the strengths of our team and coach in a manner to mitigate the Cowboys' weaknesses.

Problem is the red-headed idiot rarely does that.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
What's really funny is the Patriots- whose defense gave up 1 less point/game than the Cowboys D- went to the playoffs yet again with Brady at the helm.

And Brady did it with a hell of a lot less weapons than Romo has.

So what's my point?

That Romo is overated and our coach sucks?

Correct.

Thanks.

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
While I agree that our coach sucks, using an all-timer QB and coach to try and make a comparison looks desperate for something to whine about.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
While I agree that our coach sucks, using an all-timer QB and coach to try and make a comparison looks desperate for something to whine about.
The comparison is that Romo can't get to the playoffs because of his defense.

Romo,- who is paid and presented by our GM at an "All-Timer" level- who has been given weapons out the ass for a Romo-friendly offense, and has every excuse thrown out there as to why he can't get to the playoffs (No OL, No defense, passes too much, doesn't have a running game)- to Brady, who wins no matter who is on the field with him? That's desperate? :lol

The NFL is structured now to where all you really need is a little luck, a decent QB, and a decent team...and you are in the playoffs.

So, tell me again why Romo is paid like a top 5 QB?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
A healthy Romo doesn't guarantee squat. Again I'll point to the 1-5 record the Cowboys had in 2010 in games that Romo started.
We went 5-2 during a stretch last year. So I guess something like 12-4 is legitimately possible then next year.

Sorry, picking a random stretch of games over Romo's career at one point is nothing more then bastardizing statistics. 6 games is way too small of a sample size.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
But could be the biggest when he hurts himself again.
That's true but it's a given the team is at a huge disadvantage without Romo. That is what I have contended all along. He is extremely valuable to the organization. That said any player is subject to injury at any time in the season. That's the nature of the sport. My original premise on this thread is that if Romo stays healthy Dallas is capable of winning 10 games. His back could go unscathed and he could suffer a collar bone break like before or even a leg injury. It's not a an absolute he will have a back problem.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
While I'm certain Belichick could coach this team to the playoffs, I wonder if Brady would make the playoffs with Garrett throwing away wins left and right.

Top Bottom