Rapoport: La'el Collins On The Trading Block (nope release lol)

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would save us money that we could then use to push someone elss money down the road to fill. It's simple, you save a little this up coming season but in 2023 you save 15 mil. Which means you can push other players money into that year to save cap this season and free up the same cap now.

And put Steele out at RT while getting extra draft capital. This is exactly the type of move we should make.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If we can get a 2 and have more flexibility to sign a difference-making FA or two, great, but in reality they're just going to use the savings to overpay Schultz or Pollard or some such.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
He and Coop pissed off Jerry and are on their way out. Steele's progress notwithstanding, the line (which is already creaky) won't be better without him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Would save us money that we could then use to push someone elss money down the road to fill. It's simple, you save a little this up coming season but in 2023 you save 15 mil. Which means you can push other players money into that year to save cap this season and free up the same cap now.

And put Steele out at RT while getting extra draft capital. This is exactly the type of move we should make.
If we used the savings to sign a real FA or two I might be slightly excited, but they're just going to keep wasting money overpaying their draft picks.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'd love this. Something is off with this guy's attitude and we know his work ethic isn't the greatest.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If we can get a 2 and have more flexibility to sign a difference-making FA or two, great, but in reality they're just going to use the savings to overpay Schultz or Pollard or some such.
We'd have that 2 to draft a WR or guard though...

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Only clears $1.3M? Keep him.
There’s a reason they are trying to dump him , just like Cooper. The optimism in me wants to say McCarthy is stomping his feet and wanting to ditch the bad apples, the pessimist in me thinks the Jones boys have created a cap crisis in their head and it’s SELL SELL SELL

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Only clears $1.3M? Keep him.
This year and 15 mil next year. Which means, you push someone's contract this year partially into next year and the result is the same. Cap is so easy to manipulate. Stop thinking of this as a 2D thing when it's really 3D.

Top Bottom