Raiders at Cowboys | Thanksgiving/Week 14 Gameday Chatter Thread | 11/28/13

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What do you guys think of this -- instead of the Division winners automatically getting playoff seeds #1-4, it only guarantees a playoff spot.

However, an 11-5 non-division winner (say, the 49ers) gets a higher seeding than the 9-7 division winner (Eagles)?
I'd prefer not fucking up the game more because Rozelle's dream of parity has come to fruition.

They already screwed up overtime. We don't need that shit in the playoffs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I definitely get the reasoning, but you should be rewarded for winning your division.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I want to whip out a Flair figure four today. We deserve that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If we make the playoffs, I really really really hope we get the Lions.

Of all the possible matchups (Lions, 49ers, Cards, Panthers), that's really the only one I think we can win, but more importantly, I just want to beat that douchebag team, especially since we've literally gifted them the last 2 encounters.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like our D is going to have a big day.

data

Forbes #1

Of all the possible matchups (Lions, 49ers, Cards, Panthers), that's really the only one I think we can win, but more importantly, I just want to beat that douchebag team, especially since we've literally gifted them the last 2 encounters.
Lions aren't making the playoffs if they don't win the North, thus, we aren't playing them in the playoffs.

We'll get the Panthers or 49ers -- take the beatdown and like it.

data

Forbes #1
Looking at some of these jersey alterations...

the NBA is going towards sleeves while the NFL is going towards tanktops

data

Forbes #1
So the booth will review a 5-yard penalty at midfield, but won't review Dez Bryant's catch?

poppycock

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Lions D line is good.

That is my analysis.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Automatic playoff spot not reward enough?
No because sometimes a wild card team has a better record because they were in a division with two really shitty teams or had an overall easy schedule. There's no perfect fix so I prefer to keep it the way it is.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Feh. Give me the Cardinals.

Top Bottom