Question about Garrett

midswat

... soon
I’ve not watched many Cowboys games the last few years and I honestly don’t remember if this has always been the case, but after watching a handful of games this year - it was glaring:

Does Garrett do talk at all during games? Does he coach? Get in guys faces? Get involved at all?

Every time they pan to him in the games I’ve seen, he’s just looking on to the field, headset on, not saying a word.

Last night for example it’s 4th and 8 - game on the line, season on the line, three timeouts in hand. Camera pans to Garrett - empty stare. Not coaching. Not scheming. Not getting in guys faces. Just void and lifeless.

For years the joke was how he’d always just clap. Moronically clapping no matter the situation.

In the games I’ve seen this year I can’t say I’ve noticed that. But I have constantly noticed the blank stare.

Has that been going on for a while?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Ive only ever seen him clap and try to give/recieve high fives from players.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He never coaches anyone anything because he doesn't know wtf he is doing.

data

Forbes #1
Hey, asshole. Garrett’s last software update enables him to upload in-game coachin’-dem-up to the cloud. Downloaded to Microsoft Surface tablets for today’s generation of players to read as text messages.

You yell at your kids all the time. They don’t pay attention.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Does he do anything? Nothing useful during games, no. All he does is undermine others’ abilities to succeed.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I think he finally got word that his smiling and clapping was a joke to people, so he changed to the solemn, staring, hands-on-hips guy to look tougher.

But no, I've never seen a coach wear a headset and not talk into it during an entire game.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Does Garrett do talk at all during games? Does he coach? Get in guys faces? Get involved at all?
I've never seen him do much besides occasionally yell at refs, clap and slap butts.

Over the last 2 seasons, I've tried to see Garretts lips moving with his headset on and have yet to see it. Now I realize its been a small sample size but I really wonder if its connected to anyone

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I've never seen him do much besides occasionally yell at refs, clap and slap butts.

Over the last 2 seasons, I've tried to see Garretts lips moving with his headset on and have yet to see it. Now I realize its been a small sample size but I really wonder if its connected to anyone
He does pull the mic down and spit a lot. It's really disgusting. I always wonder who gets to clean it or who wears that headset the next game.

p1_

DCC 4Life
He does pull the mic down and spit a lot. It's really disgusting. I always wonder who gets to clean it or who wears that headset the next game.
Same

kidd

DCC 4Life
I suppose you would rather he spit all over the mic?

I mean what’s the point of spitting every 10 seconds? Surely during conversations with Jerry he doesn't start spitting all over the place.

Top Bottom