Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2024

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Brian Thomas is a first for sure?

Than Mitchell.

Troy Franklin and Worthy I could see late first to anywhere in the second. Coleman I have no idea but I'd have him as a second round grade. I know many "experts" have had him in the first but I wouldn't.

After Odunze, thats basically the next best 5 WRs in my book.

Baker and McMillan are sort of mid round shots would be my guess.

Anyway, that's the list of WR's we looked at. It's kind of similar to the O-lineman. We did formals with basically the top guys with a shot at still being around when 24 is up. Just my way of saying we didn't interview Odunze, Nabers (Don't know that he is there), or Marvin Harrison but we did formals with the next top WR's.
I was excluding Thomas since I don't think there's any chance he's there, but yea he's a lock for the first and would probably be the BPA if he's there.

I'd be beyond pissed if they took Franklin or Worthy in the first, they just aren't that caliber of prospect despite how they tested and there's no need to reach with the depth at the position. Coleman shouldn't even be a consideration after running a 4.6.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

I missed this one if someone else posted it, but with Frazier that's a formal with quite literally every potential first rounder in the class beyond Alt, Fashanu and JPJ.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was excluding Thomas since I don't think there's any chance he's there, but yea he's a lock for the first and would probably be the BPA if he's there.

I'd be beyond pissed if they took Franklin or Worthy in the first, they just aren't that caliber of prospect despite how they tested and there's no need to reach with the depth at the position. Coleman shouldn't even be a consideration after running a 4.6.
Yeah I was just referring to guys who could go in the first round. Not as much Cowboys specific. I also think there is a good possibility of a trade down. This team doesn't have enough picks and I can't see us standing pat this year.

Take the Chiefs for example at the end of round one. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they took a guy like Worthy to open the field up.

At 24 I'd legit consider Thomas. He has a Justin Jefferson feel to me. The guy makes some pretty damn impressive cuts to get separation.

Coleman, Franklin and Worthy are more high round two guys to me. And I'd rather take a Frazier or Barton who I feel safe can shore up the center spot for a long time. And then see who slips. The depth at WR is great in this draft. I'm a big Leggett fan if he is around in say the third.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I missed this one if someone else posted it, but with Frazier that's a formal with quite literally every potential first rounder in the class beyond Alt, Fashanu and JPJ.
Someone posted a pretty complete list and he was on it. We literally covered all the top Olineman and there are a lot. We also covered some not as top Olineman. Like the Texas kid and I guess Notre Dame has a second OT. Isaiah Adams too. Even still it's only like 30 something of the formals so a number aren't listed.

Our 30 visits will be really interesting to see how we narrow it down.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Coleman did kill it in the gauntlet and played faster than he timed. I am not taking him in the first, but he would be okay in the 2nd depending on how things go. I don’t think the guy will be a stiff. Worthy will go to KC or something and fit better. They fell in love with Martavius Bryant, they want a bigger guy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coleman did kill it in the gauntlet and played faster than he timed. I am not taking him in the first, but he would be okay in the 2nd depending on how things go. I don’t think the guy will be a stiff. Worthy will go to KC or something and fit better. They fell in love with Martavius Bryant, they want a bigger guy.
Yeah Coleman plays bigger than any receiver in this draft in my opinion. Plus I think it was a punt return the guy returned. If you want to see the guy show elusiveness in the open field it's fun to watch.

But I've also said I don't see the great routes out of him I see with Mitchell and Thomas. Which is why I have those guys as firsts and Coleman as a second.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah Coleman plays bigger than any receiver in this draft in my opinion. Plus I think it was a punt return the guy returned. If you want to see the guy show elusiveness in the open field it's fun to watch.

But I've also said I don't see the great routes out of him I see with Mitchell and Thomas. Which is why I have those guys as firsts and Coleman as a second.
He is kind of like Dez Bryant in certain ways.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He is kind of like Dez Bryant in certain ways.
Except way worse.

His lack of production scares me given his physical ability, I'd love him in the 2nd but I don't think there's any way you can consider him in the first. If you're hell bent on a WR there you just take Mitchell, assuming Thomas is long gone.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Except way worse.

His lack of production scares me given his physical ability, I'd love him in the 2nd but I don't think there's any way you can consider him in the first. If you're hell bent on a WR there you just take Mitchell, assuming Thomas is long gone.
Thomas and Mitchell are guys I'd take at 24 depending who is left. I've been a big Worthy fan but I doubt we want a 165 pound guy in the first.

Which is all ok, there will be a Olineman to pick from. And I love the idea of center unless we loved what Bass looked like practicing there.

And there will be WRs available in the second. Maybe Franklin falls. Polk or Leggett. Lots of options.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Slot corner may be a spot where we pull a surprise. Luckily, there are some decent ones like Sainristil, Andru Philips and even Rakestraw.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Slot corner may be a spot where we pull a surprise. Luckily, there are some decent ones like Sainristil, Andru Philips and even Rakestraw.
Just like with Tyron, I'd be fine looking to save cap space by not bringing back Gilmore or Lewis with the idea of drafting a CB in the 2nd or 3rd, but you have to actually use those savings to fill other holes on the roster like LB, RB, DE, etc.

And that means with a legitimate FA or two, not a bunch of slop bullshit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just like with Tyron, I'd be fine looking to save cap space by not bringing back Gilmore or Lewis with the idea of drafting a CB in the 2nd or 3rd, but you have to actually use those savings to fill other holes on the roster like LB, RB, DE, etc.

Things are looking pretty stormy.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

You have to have spots available for the 6 Oleweles.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Things are looking pretty stormy.
I used to like Mukuamu to play the slot but he just never played last year. I'd like to see one of the younger corners be capable of stepping up but I guess that's up to Zimmer to decide now.

Top Bottom