Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2015

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You'd think if we were that over the top interested we wouldn't have waited until the last minute to bring him in.
Actually, it is probably the other way around. Getting one last look just to make up your mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
A player who has really risen in the back portion of the lead up to the draft is Alabama's T.J. Yeldon. There are many teams that are rating him third behind Georgia's Todd Gurley and Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon. Numerous teams have told us that they view Yeldon as one of three backs who is truly explosive and also presents true three-down ability. Some teams are hoping that Yeldon gets to them in the second round, but they think there is a chance that Yeldon goes late in the first. The Dallas Cowboys are one potential landing spot, but there are other teams picking late in the first that could consider a running back. Teams also think that a team could trade back into the first round from the top of the second for Yeldon. That would add another year to his rookie contract and that could be very valuable given the way running backs age in the NFL.

Sources told us that two teams that could be looking to land Yeldon early in the second round are the Jaguars and the Jets. The Jaguars need a feature running back, and Yeldon is liked in Jacksonville. Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan is said to really like Yeldon and feels he could be an Arian Foster-type runner. Maccagnan came from the Texans and knows that an elite runner can help compensate for weakness at quarterback. Our sources said that it would be surprising if Yeldon got past the Jaguars or Jets at the top of the second round.

Read more at http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#b274Vf0VmEJlEX0t.99

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually, it is probably the other way around. Getting one last look just to make up your mind.
So we didn't want to get a good look at him during regular visits and risked not being able to get him in for a visit at all because we are "super interested." I doubt it.

D

Deuce

I don't know if it was on here or what, but did I read we were looking at McKinney as a potential DE at some point?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know if it was on here or what, but did I read we were looking at McKinney as a potential DE at some point?
Yes. They sent Ben Bloom (DL asst) out to work McKinney out.

Some teams view him as a two down LB then a nickel DL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Make it happen, Jerry. Just make it happen. :towel

dallen

Senior Tech
HIS KNEE IS FINE DAMMIT

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I don't do good on computers.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

:towel

But Scandrick is just an asshole.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Not sure why most post shows up in the quote? Am I drunk?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Not sure why most post shows up in the quote? Am I drunk?
For some reason when there are two tweets posted in the same post, any reply to that post shows inside the quote. I have no idea why nor how to fix it.

Top Bottom