President Trump Thread...

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Just wear a mask if you want to and go to the polling place and vote. This isn't hard.
Yep. Mail should only be an option for the elderly and infirmed. If you can stand six feet apart at the supermarket, you can do so at the polling place.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
IMO, there's nothing wrong with mail in voting. I mailed in my ballots for most of the last 20 years.

I know it's easy to say just throw a mask on and go to the polling place but it's not that easy for a lot of minority and poor people. Gerrymandering and calculated closing of polling stations is a real deal. It's not a coincidence that "certain" areas have more polling stations with much shorter wait times and working voting equipment compared to other areas.

If you're white and live in a suburban area the time it takes you to vote is much, much shorter than it is in black/minority neighborhoods. There have been quite a few studies that have pointed this out.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
For the record, I don't care which party mail in voting helps or hurts. My opposition to mail in voting has exactly zero to do with who it helps or hurts. I'm not convinced it helps or hurts either party.

I think it hurts the country and the legitimacy of the voting process though. I'd think that was common sense.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For the record, I don't care which party mail in voting helps or hurts. My opposition to mail in voting has exactly zero to do with who it helps or hurts. I'm not convinced it helps or hurts either party.

I think it hurts the country and the legitimacy of the voting process though. I'd think that was common sense.
My problem with it is the ballots are too easily manipulated with mail in voting. But, I'm with you, I don't care who it helps, I don't like the idea in general, period.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I agree, just like moving the date I think mail in voting will end in a goddamn disaster. Much like the Democratic primaries which were a disaster. If people can't see this ending badly from a mile away then those people are blind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This guy's been living in your head for so long, he's probably got squatter's rights by now.
The way you people still have Hillary Clinton on the brain, she's been in your heads much longer.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The way you people still have Hillary Clinton on the brain, she's been in your heads much longer.
Show me where I constantly post and whine about Clinton like you do with Trump. Or nope. We're not the same. Sorry.

You people... :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Show me where I constantly post and whine about Clinton like you do with Trump. Or nope. We're not the same. Sorry.

You people... :lol
Sorry, maybe I lumped you in with @jsmith6919 and @Iamtdg .

You have to admit that there is still Clinton talk when frankly, she is irrelevant.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Outside of the Epstein thing, I stopped talking about Hillary on November 5th 2016.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Outside of the Epstein thing, I stopped talking about Hillary on November 5th 2016.
This is the active fucking President, so yeah, I am going to be "eaten up" by him.

Meanwhile, I can do a simple "Hillary Clinton" search and I see dozens of snickers, one-liners and garbage posts about her and she has not been relevant for nearly four years. And no, you didn't stop talking about her.

Top Bottom