President Trump Thread...

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
John Lewis is "all talk, no action." :lol
Lewis has spent 30 years in Congress, 14 bills he sponsored became law and 10 those are naming buildings/parks. He's a perfect example of why we need term limits

data

Forbes #1
Because you don't have to provide insurance to anyone that works 30 hours or less a week. If they are full-timers you have to pay the exorbitant premium. So, essentially, we had to let the full-timers go and hire twice as many part-timers. Which, on top of the turnover on personnel, makes scheduling a pain in the ass.
Oh noes. Scheduling woes? Better off getting rid of mgmt. Especially ones with the time for 4k Test posts.

:unsure

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Oh noes. Scheduling woes? Better off getting rid of mgmt. Especially ones with the time for 4k Test posts.

I really didn't want to chuckle but I couldn't help myself.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I guess you missed the main part of the issue and focused on the other part. Congrats. FYI, I'm a master of time delegation. I can multi-task the shit out of a day.

data

Forbes #1
I guess you missed the main part of the issue and focused on the other part. Congrats. FYI, I'm a master of time delegation. I can multi-task the shit out of a day.
I didn't miss it. Just responded to the other part.

You're directly employed by Texas Tech, right? Were other departments affected the same way?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I didn't miss it. Just responded to the other part.

You're directly employed by Texas Tech, right? Were other departments affected the same way?
Of course they were.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Not as dramatic as an 8-figure account, but if you can't afford the care to keep yourself alive, you should've saved up more your first 60 years, chosen more salads or get a job providing insurance. It's not a right to have affordable healthcare at 60, it's, but earned. It's your life, why am I keeping you alive?
So when is affordable health care a right?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Tell us about the healthcare plans in your country. Maybe we could learn something.
So now you compare 'Murica the great to my banana Republic?
Shouldn't your health care be on the level of the other developed countries like Canada, Germany, Nordic countries, etc.?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So now you compare 'Murica the great to my banana Republic?
Shouldn't your health care be on the level of the other developed countries like Canada, Germany, Nordic countries, etc.?
I didn't compare anything, just asked a question.

But I guess you answered well enough with your deflection and defensive retort. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Full disclosure about myself and ObamerKur - I've been self employed much of my life and rolled the dice in terms of healthcare. We've been some really healthy beaners over here so we just rolled with it. I pretty much negotiated all of our medical expenses which have been minimal for many years. If someone HAS to go to the Dr and get meds it is usually under $300...and x-ray - what, $150? I just never understood why I should pay huge premiums for a large family, the have a deductible to meet for each person on the plan along with co-pays. We rarely would had had a break-even situation. So I rolled the dice. When my wife was diagnosed with cancer the sign-up deadline had passed and we didn't qualify for any other assistance so we paid...oh boy did we pay...not just for surgeries and treatments but in time lost from work as she was a major contributor as well as my lack of focus on our business. When the sign-ups rolled around you better bet that we had our family enrolled. Honestly I felt like we were cheating the system knowing the giant load we were about to put on UnitedHealthcare. It seemed unfair that they had to take us on. Between the with and I, I'm pretty sure it was nearing $350k that that paid out. Just for good measure I had surgery December 26th to the tune of $50k to make sure that the policy was sufficiently used. :unsure

Most of the insurance companies bailed so we switched to BCBS this surgery season.

Thanks Obamer!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
His plan will be to do what is best for himself and others like him.

Joe Six Pack has been conned by the master.

Wait and see.....
Really man. If Trump was looking to profit from being President he would be better served not running because the man is a multi billionaire and wants for nothing. He has disengaged himself from all his business interests and is taking on a job that may be one of the toughest in the world without pay. Life would be better for him if he had never run. Tell me how you think he is going to serve only his own inntersts.

Bye the way wait and see is my line.

townsend

Banned
Really man. If Trump was looking to profit from being President he would be better served not running because the man is a multi billionaire and wants for nothing. He has disengaged himself from all his business interests and is taking on a job that may be one of the toughest in the world without pay. Life would be better for him if he had never run. Tell me how you think he is going to serve only his own inntersts.

Bye the way wait and see is my line.
:lol

It's been posted dozens of times on this forum how Trump could use diplomatic leverage to help his business, influence federal regulators to give his businesses better favors, change the tax code to benefit his demographic.

That doesn't even take into account his debts to foreign entities. Getting debts forgiven is just as much of a gain as getting handed a bill ol' bribe.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

It's been posted dozens of times on this forum how Trump could use diplomatic leverage to help his business, influence federal regulators to give his businesses better favors, change the tax code to benefit his demographic.

That doesn't even take into account his debts to foreign entities. Getting debts forgiven is just as much of a gain as getting handed a bill ol' bribe.
A lot of things have been posted dozens of times. Do you have anything to post substantiating it ?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yes, they would have been on company-paid healthcare. But, because the premiums up went so much we couldn't afford to keep them all on.
How much were your premiums rising before Obamacare, what was the average the previous years?

Really interested to here from someone who actually has an idea of the difference.

Top Bottom