Preseason Week 2 Chatter Thread |Bengals @ Cowboys | 08/18/18

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm watching the replay right now on NFL Network. I must say Woods looks pretty solid in there at DT. Might actually have a real NT in him.

Cotton

Staff member

Read the replies to this tweet. :picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ummmmmm. All I can say is watch it again. He unquestionably did.
I've watched it multiple times. The guys feet literally never left the ground. His right foot is literally in the ground when he hits the QB. The dude looked like he was stumbling.

Try pausing it just as the defender touches the QB. See his feet on the ground? That's not launching. That's normal tackling.

Cotton

Staff member
Ummmmmm. All I can say is watch it again. He unquestionably did.
I did as you said and watched it again. Hell, you changed my mind, he didn't even really dive. Made contact and took the QB to the ground.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I've watched it multiple times. The guys feet literally never left the ground. His right foot is literally in the ground when he hits the QB. The dude looked like he was stumbling.

Try pausing it just as the defender touches the QB. See his feet on the ground? That's not launching. That's normal tackling.
After he is on his knees and has the QB in his grasp, he launches himself and his feet literally leave the ground. It's not even a question.

Cotton

Staff member
Of course it is, and should be. Completely unnecessary. He already had the QB in his grasp.
What was unnecessary? Going to the ground? Come on, Geng.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
After he is on his knees and has the QB in his grasp, he launches himself and his feet literally leave the ground. It's not even a question.
:lol

You mean when the defender was on his knees? What is he superman? You can't launch your body from your knees. Go back and watch it frame for frame, you're losing it.

Cotton

Staff member
Even the announcers were questioning the call.

Cotton

Staff member
Okay, now you're just trolling.

Genghis Khan

What was unnecessary? Going to the ground? Come on, Geng.
LAUNCHING.

All I can say is watch it at the end in slomo. It really shows it.

You might disagree that it should be a penalty and that's fine. But the fact that he sprung and launched himself at the QB is unquestionable. That's literally what happened.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
LAUNCHING.

All I can say is watch it at the end in slomo. It really shows it.

You might disagree that it should be a penalty and that's fine. But the fact that he sprung and launched himself at the QB is unquestionable. That's literally what happened.
:picard

Not even sure what you're watching anymore. I'm not sure how a defender on the ground can launch himself. But I'm over it. You must not be seeing the same play I am on my computer.

Genghis Khan

:lol

You mean when the defender was on his knees? What is he superman? You can't launch your body from your knees. Go back and watch it frame for frame, you're losing it.
You're fucking blind. I've watched it plenty. If you don't see the defender's feet literally IN THE AIR and then land at the end you have vision issues that you need to address. It's not even hard to see. It's plain as fucking day.

Top Bottom