Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Granted it was against shit competition but 6 of 7 passing for 74 yards is pretty good. His QB rating was 110.7.

Sure beats what Wentz did out there. But in all fairness the Eagles offense looked like shit. Their WR's were terrible and their protection was equally bad. It's preseason so who really knows what any of that means but I don't think the Eagles will be very good this year.
The eagles have a bad roster and a shaky HC. They could be drafting top 5 this year...

Oh wait, the Browns own their pick. :laff

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Myles Jack has looked completely healthy and is playing MLB.:sad
Yeah, that sucks.

According to the leaked draft board, we had Jack right behind Smith, but still took Smith who looks like he might not be back to full strength for 1 and maybe 2 full seasons (if ever).

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jags looking noice. If not for a Julian Thomas drop, they'd be up 14-0 now.
Didn't watch last night but watching DVR from NFLN.

Yeah, they look good. Surprised how crisp their OL looks in comparison to last year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Old man Boldin with a rock solid 30 yard reception.

It just amazes me how NFL teams squeeze out the older guys who can play and keep schlubs.

If I were an NFL GM now, I would assemble another "Over The Hill Gang" and probably have a damn good team.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This Steelers defense looks like they're still going to be average at best.

Yes this is my over-reaction to the opening drive of the preseason.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Old man Boldin with a rock solid 30 yard reception.

It just amazes me how NFL teams squeeze out the older guys who can play and keep schlubs.

If I were an NFL GM now, I would assemble another "Over The Hill Gang" and probably have a damn good team.
Probably a money thing. Trying to find the cheap talent rather than having to pay a vet.

I think he'll be a solid receiving option for them. AS much as Stafford throws, I could see him pulling in 60 receptions.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Further proof.

Old man James Harrison whips Taylor Decker for a strip sack.

Teams are so driven by the stupidest economic cap issues that they ignore talent that can at least help on the short term.

Today's game is just like college. You have most players for four years, then you have a decision.

The rare talents show they are worth it well before their rookie contract runs out.

After getting the elite guys, teams are wasting time extending projects and schlubs. Eric Fisher is a borderline bust, but he got an extension.

NFL front offices are pretty retarded and the players are pawns.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I watched the Eagles-Bucs replay. I thought Wentz did okay.

A few balls were off the market but his receivers also dropped a few catchable balls.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Probably a money thing. Trying to find the cheap talent rather than having to pay a vet.

I think he'll be a solid receiving option for them. AS much as Stafford throws, I could see him pulling in 60 receptions.

I did not make that specific point, but it was implied.

You can see the "smart" teams. The ones that are not veteran adverse can always find a gem.

Those, like Dallas, are wasting years on the draft mistakes.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

I did not make that specific point, but it was implied.

You can see the "smart" teams. The ones that are not veteran adverse can always find a gem.

Those, like Dallas, are wasting years on the draft mistakes.
Just like our offense, we have a problem finding a balance. We go from Jerry paying for whoever he wants to Stephen to cheap to sign anyone worthwhile

townsend

Banned
Yeah, that sucks.

According to the leaked draft board, we had Jack right behind Smith, but still took Smith who looks like he might not be back to full strength for 1 and maybe 2 full seasons (if ever).
If Jerry wasn't the son of a millionaire he'd have spent every dollar he ever made on scratch off tickets.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm really looking forward to what DeAndre Washington does for Oakland tonight. I won't watch live, but I will watch the replay.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just like our offense, we have a problem finding a balance. We go from Jerry paying for whoever he wants to Stephen to cheap to sign anyone worthwhile
Since they've already acknowledged that Romo's window is closing you'd think they'd go out of their way to bring in a few short term vets like Freeney.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Since they've already acknowledged that Romo's window is closing you'd think they'd go out of their way to bring in a few short term vets like Freeney.
And maybe think twice about using your 2nd rounder on a guy who won't play this year

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All in all, we have become a very self contained little bubble since Phillips got fired.

Veterans? Oh no, no. "Progress stoppers".

We sign schlubs guys several times over and that is just Jason's fucktard brother, the overpaid lazy ass piece of shit director of pro personnel Judd Garrett fucking things up.

I have said it before and will repeat it because it is true.

Laziest.

Front.

Office.

Ever.

And not because of the Jones, they entrust lackies who are pieces of shit like their father to continue being inept.

I can't believe that piece of shit is employed. He shit the bed in St. Louis big time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
:lol

Even Neil O'Donnell thinks that was a retarded interception.

What the hell was Orlovsky thinking?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
All in all, we have become a very self contained little bubble since Phillips got fired.

Veterans? Oh no, no. "Progress stoppers".

We sign schlubs guys several times over and that is just Jason's fucktard brother, the overpaid lazy ass piece of shit director of pro personnel Judd Garrett fucking things up.

I have said it before and will repeat it because it is true.

Laziest.

Front.

Office.

Ever.

And not because of the Jones, they entrust lackies who are pieces of shit like their father to continue being inept.

I can't believe that piece of shit is employed. He shit the bed in St. Louis big time.
Dead on, man. Can't really disagree with any of that.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Ayuh.

It's as if they think Romo's 26 instead of 36.
Well last year Jerry was saying Romo had 4-5 years left and this year he said he has 5-6 years so maybe they think Romo is the NFL version of Benjamin Buttons?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is anyone elses NFLN keep freezing? It's only that 1 channel :budd

Top Bottom