Preseason Week 1 Chatter Thread | Cowboys @ 49ers | 08/09/18

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess the Giants saw all they wanted out of Barkley.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Giants are struggling to execute screen passes tonight. With Barkley in the backfield that's something I expect to see them use regularly throughout the season.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mayfield has the second and third string OL in there with him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I do think the Giants have a good group of starting linemen in Harrison, Tomlinson and rookie B.J. Hill. Just depends on their LBs.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mayfield has the second and third string OL in there with him.
Yep. One of the beat reporters said the other day that the Browns coaching staff intentionally place him in less than ideal situations in an attempt to control the public demand for Mayfield....because obviously they want Taylor to start this year.

For instance, in practices they'll have Taylor and the starting offense go up against the 2nd string defense. Meanwhile Mayield has to lead the 2nd string offense against the Browns starting D.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Callaway is a little too reckless fielding this punts.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep. One of the beat reporters said the other day that the Browns coaching staff intentionally place him in less than ideal situations in an attempt to control the public demand for Mayfield....because obviously they want Taylor to start this year.

For instance, in practices they'll have Taylor and the starting offense go up against the 2nd string defense. Meanwhile Mayield has to lead the 2nd string offense against the Browns starting D.
Taylor should be able to hold onto the starting job for a few weeks. Maybe even the first quarter of the season.

He does a lot of the safe things, can run. But he is never going to make the throws.

Mayfield just nailed a nice throw to Higgins just then.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Nice play by Mayfield to extend the play and pick up that 3rd and 18.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Taylor should be able to hold onto the starting job for a few weeks. Maybe even the first quarter of the season.

He does a lot of the safe things, can run. But he is never going to make the throws.

Mayfield just nailed a nice throw to Higgins just then.
That's how I feel about him as well. He's a nice bus driver who gets way too much credit for his playing ability because he's a good guy. Reminds me of the treatment that Teddy Bridgewater used to get.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Browns RT isn't doing him any favors but ole Shake n' Bake is out there making plays nevertheless.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Mayfield with the calm run for the first down on fourth down.

Things are gonna get interesting in Cleveland the longer Hue Jackson sticks with the safe option in Taylor.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess [MENTION=6]1bigfan13[/MENTION] is busy tossing off to that drive from Mayfield, and rightfully so.

Top Bottom