Prescott Contract Watch Thread...

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
30M/year is what he's gonna get paid by Jerry.
I'm aware. But what does that have to do with what he can get in endorsements?

If he takes a discount, he doesn't have to get 30 million in endorsements. That isn't the barometer.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
30M/year is what he's gonna get paid by Jerry.
But no one is saying that he should play for nothing, what we are saying is that if he takes 25 instead of 30, he'll probably have a better supporting cast which should lead to winning and that he can make up those 5mill with endorsements that will rocket if he wins.

p1_

DCC 4Life
'It's one from each side': Contract talks between Dak Prescott and Cowboys are progressing

By Jon Machota , Staff Writer Contact Jon Machota on Twitter: @jonmachota FRISCO --

Contract talks between the Cowboys and Dak Prescott have progressed.
Dallas made the first offer. Prescott said Wednesday that his representatives have responded with a counterproposal.

"I can't really say," Prescott said when asked how close the proposals were. "It's one from each side. This is my first time doing this. Ask me in a few years, and I'll be able to tell you, 'OK, we've sent this one and they've sent this one. We're about to get it done.' But as of right now, I'm learning the process, too, and just letting my team handle their business."

Prescott spoke to reporters following the team's second day of organized team activities at The Star.

The Cowboys have been clear that they believe Prescott is their franchise quarterback for the long term. Prescott, who is entering the final year of his rookie deal, said last week that he wants to be a Cowboy forever.

Judging by the NFL's quarterback market, Prescott is in line to make in the neighborhood of $30 million per season. Four quarterbacks currently make at least $30 million per season. Nine make at least $25 million annually.

DeMarcus Lawrence became the highest-paid player in Cowboys history last month when he signed a five-year, $105 million extension with $65 million guaranteed.

Prescott's new deal is expected to surpass that, giving him the top spot. "I think when you look at numbers, I think a lot of it's about the market," Prescott said. "I don't really pay attention to any of that. I come in and prove myself each and every day to these other guys in this locker room. That's the only thing that I have to worry about.

"I know if I'm doing that and getting better, good things happen. That's out of my focus. As I've said before, I've got a great team in place to handle that, and it will get done eventually."

Dallas is also in the process of securing a new contract with star receiver Amari Cooper.

Are Prescott and Cooper in a race to the negotiating table?

"I don't know what Amari has going on," Prescott said with a smile. "I just hope he catches the balls I throw to him. I ain't worried about that."

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He cant take that discount. He needs money to live on.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
ESPN reported in September 2017 that “No NFL player signed more endorsement dealsthis offseason than Dak Prescott.” The publication reported, “For his head, he has New Era caps and Beats by Dre headphones. For his appetite, he has Campbell’s Chunky Soup and Tostitos tortilla chips. For his thirst, he has Pepsi and 7-Eleven. For private travel, it’s Nicholas Air.” Additionally, he signed deals with AT&T, DirecTV, and card company Panini America.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/dak-prescott-net-worth.html/
Yup, I'm in NC and Dak's mug is on my TV more than Cam Newton's.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I would offer $20M with incentives-for three years and the right to renogiate for three or more years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Save the Gif. That’s what I would offer. He still has a lot to prove to be aligned with the top QBs of the league in my opinion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Save the Gif. That’s what I would offer. He still has a lot to prove to be aligned with the top QBs of the league in my opinion.
It's not even in the relm of what he will get? Why would Dak take that? I'd offer Zeke 3 mil a year too...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That’s what I would offer.
Then you really don't have any idea how the league operates.

I don't like the idea of Prescott eating up that kind of space. But I understand that he has all the leverage. Both of our idiot power players have been very transparent about him getting paid. 20M a year is like a contract from five years ago or where the owner funnels money to the player's shell corporation, like Kraft does with Brady.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's not even in the relm of what he will get? Why would Dak take that? I'd offer Zeke 3 mil a year too...
Take your pick of who you would choose over Prescott. Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stamford, Baker Mayfield, Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson. How many are making $30. M and why would you pay Prescott more than them? Also how many would choose over Prescott if you could have them?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Take your pick of who you would choose over Prescott. Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, Patrick Mahomes, Matthew Stamford, Baker Mayfield, Andrew Luck, Russel Wilson. How many are making $30. M and why would you pay Prescott more than them? Also how many would choose over Prescott if you could have them?
That is now how this game works.

And BTW, Wilson gets 35M a year.

Rodgers 33.5.

Ryan gets over 30 per.

"Stamford" has an aging contract. He gets $27.

Mahomes is a third year player. He doesn't count.

Mayfield is a year two guy. He doesn't count.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What’s your point. I posed who I thought were the top Quarterbacka and I have no problems with their pay being on top. I just don’t see Prescott as being in the group.
That is now how this game works.

And BTW, Wilson gets 35M a year.

Rodgers 33.5.

Ryan gets over 30 per.

"Stamford" has an aging contract. He gets $27.

Mahomes is a third year player. He doesn't count.

Mayfield is a year two guy. He doesn't count.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It's pretty simple. There's no choice whatsoever. It doesn't matter who is better than him. We have to pay him a significant salary. There's just no alternative. You can't just dial 1-800 quarterback.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Um Matthew Stafford? When has that guy done anything?

And how many of them not on a rookie contract make 20 mil or less next year? The answer is none of them. You really must not understand how this works.

Maybe we should just sign Landry Jones :lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I would offer $20M with incentives-for three years and the right to renogiate for three or more years.
Dak is going to get at least 28, more likely he gets 30. It's just what the current market is.

Top Bottom