Pre-Season Chatter Thread | Vikings vs Cowboys | 8/29/2015

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Terrell McClain with the mindless offsides.

Why is he considered a roster lock again?
It would send a message if he didn't make the cut. My assumption was he's staying because he's a free agent signing, but I'd love to see some real competition for once.

Clearly J. Crawford's outplayed him as the backup 3-technique and he can't beat Hayden at 1-technique so losing him has literally no effect except it probably saves cap space.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I watched the game again and these are things I noticed.

It seems they were trying some different running plays when Randle was in because the line seemed out of sync and let too many players go before securing blocks.

When McFadden was in it was stretch plays and guard pulls which was more in line with what they did last year.

This line still seems to have trouble with stunts because Minny did a lot on the 1st few drives and they gave us trouble, Tyron also let a couple of guys run free without blocking anybody, so line communication was an issue.

Man this defense can be really good, the biggest issue is going to be LB play I predict Brinkley will be cut and another MLB brought in to play behind Hitchens until McLain is ready.

Hardy looked much better and was the prime reason Gregory got both of his sacks he got great penetration from the 3 and a couple of TFL's from the LDE, It will be interesting to see how this plays out because the majority of his snaps has been at DT and LDE and he has yet to start.

Coleman looked great it was against 2nd and 3rd stringers but he dominated them, you can see why T McClain is kept around, he is strong at the point of attack and gets good penetration at times, when healthy he is the 2nd best DT after Crawford but he cannot stay healthy.

Vaughn is just horrendous, I don't remember him panicking so much last year he took no time to read the field it was 1st read checkdown, which was embarrasing during the 2 minute drill before halftime, that is when you take some shots.

I think the biggest thing holding this defense back from being top 10 is going to be LB health if Lee, McClain Hitchens can play 75% of the season we will be really good, I think the D-line play will mask the seconday shortcomings, but I also think we are better back there than last year, primarily because of depth.

I have to say Jones has been pretty Meh, he seemed to play a lot at safety I am wondering how much impact he will have on the season, I think White and Patmon play much more than him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow, the holding call against Carr was total shit. Those officials were terrible in that game.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This line still seems to have trouble with stunts because Minny did a lot on the 1st few drives and they gave us trouble, Tyron also let a couple of guys run free without blocking anybody, so line communication was an issue.
This season is going to present some challenges for the OL. Last year the Texans, Cardinals, Lions, and Packers gave us fits. This year every week or every other week there's elite talent to contend with.

Mario Williams, Marcel Darius, Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams, Red Bryant, Ndamukong Suh, Cameron Wake, Fletcher Cox, Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Leonard Williams, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Ryan Kerrigan, Star Lotulelei, Kawaan Short, Charles Johnson, Gerald McCoy, Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews. Add Quinton Coples, Kony Ealy, Malcolm Brown, and Terrance Knighton as strong support to complement those other players.

Our world class OL might be seriously nicked up for the home stretch.

I have to say Jones has been pretty Meh, he seemed to play a lot at safety I am wondering how much impact he will have on the season, I think White and Patmon play much more than him.
Unless there's a broad jump event in there somewhere, yeah.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This season is going to present some challenges for the OL. Last year the Texans, Cardinals, Lions, and Packers gave us fits. This year every week or every other week there's elite talent to contend with.

Mario Williams, Marcel Darius, Jerry Hughes, Kyle Williams, Red Bryant, Ndamukong Suh, Cameron Wake, Fletcher Cox, Sheldon Richardson, Muhammad Wilkerson, Leonard Williams, Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Ryan Kerrigan, Star Lotulelei, Kawaan Short, Charles Johnson, Gerald McCoy, Julius Peppers, Clay Matthews. Add Quinton Coples, Kony Ealy, Malcolm Brown, and Terrance Knighton as strong support to complement those other players.

Our world class OL might be seriously nicked up for the home stretch.

Unless there's a broad jump event in there somewhere, yeah.
Yeah we play some tough defenses this year so the offense will be tested but we also have some very weak offenses to go against as well.

Tournovers will be crucial.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota 19h19 hours ago
Snaps Saturday night: N. Hayden 17, T. Crawford 18, J. Mincey 18, D. Lawrence 22, G. Hardy 24, J. Crawford 26, T. McClain 27, R. Gregory 28

Top Bottom