Potential rule changes and owner meetings

Smitty

DCC 4Life
No. But why not raise active game day roster to 49, period?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I like this.

dallen

Senior Tech

:lol
I want to believe this is a joke

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:picard

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. But why not raise active game day roster to 49, period?
If the NFL was really worried about the health of players this would make more sense. The more players that play in games means less hits to each individual player and improved long term health.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If the NFL was really worried about the health of players this would make more sense. The more players that play in games means less hits to each individual player and improved long term health.
It seems like an archaic rule with no sense in the modern game. Not even "tradition" since it has such little effect on gameplay itself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

There is some merit to this ideology. There are times when division winners have worse records than teams that do not get in. I'm not sure 8 is a good number but it's worth some thought.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
There is some merit to this ideology. There are times when division winners have worse records than teams that do not get in. I'm not sure 8 is a good number but it's worth some thought.
No.

Just no.

data

Forbes #1
Just have a 32 team playoff. Regular season is only for seeding.

$$$$$

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I wouldn't mind doing away with divisions and going to open seeding based on record.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think I saw somewhere the game day roster limit is to avoid giving a team an unfair numbers advantage if their opponent has a bunch of injuries. You can't IR a short term injury for the most part and you wouldn't obviously cut a guy so having a game day roster limit means teams can still go to game day with an equal number of players.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think I saw somewhere the game day roster limit is to avoid giving a team an unfair numbers advantage if their opponent has a bunch of injuries. You can't IR a short term injury for the most part and you wouldn't obviously cut a guy so having a game day roster limit means teams can still go to game day with an equal number of players.
The other proposal, that you can bring an unlimited number of players off IR would fix that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I like keeping the divisional rivalries.
I don't mind keeping the schedules to some extent, but at least one division champion every year is a joke that doesn't belong in the playoffs. The teams with the best records should get in regardless of conference or division.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't mind keeping the schedules to some extent, but at least one division champion every year is a joke that doesn't belong in the playoffs. The teams with the best records should get in regardless of conference or division.
That's what the wildcards are for.

Leave it alone, or expand wildcard entries.

I had just as soon leave it alone.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's what the wildcards are for.

Leave it alone, or expand wildcard entries.

I had just as soon leave it alone.
I don't see any reason to have shitty playoff games with 8-8 teams in them. They don't deserve to get in just to give Jerry Jones stupid false hope.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't see any reason to have shitty playoff games with 8-8 teams in them. They don't deserve to get in just to give Jerry Jones stupid false hope.
Wild. card. teams.

Top Bottom