Positives and Negatives through 2 weeks

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Positives: Everything about the defense except for the sack numbers.

Negatives: Everything about the offense except for the OL's pass protection, Witten, Williams when he can hold on to the ball, the RB's catching out of the backfield and 2 drives against the Giants.

Even with Romo our offense has looked completely out of sorts, I'm hoping the fact that we have to make due with Weeden for a while will help the offense rediscover its identity. We will be forced to go run-heavy now and the OL had better start to smash, the offense has looked very finesse so far with the amount of pass attempts and RB's being used so heavily as targets in the passing game.

The defense has looked godly though, they've basically given up no real TD drives over 2 games. The sacks aren't coming yet but I feel like the pressure has been pretty good considering the absence of Gregory and Hardy, and we've seen some nice TFL's out of guys like Lawrence and Mincey. Church has been really solid against the run, Wilcox seems to be improved, Jones seems capable of playing a role in sub-packages and the CB's have been generally solid overall. Hitchens is a legitimately good starting LB at this point and Lee is basically God himself, it's a shame that we have what amounts to a HOF caliber player who just can't stay on the field, but I'll enjoy it while he's out there. If the defense can generally stay healthy while getting Hardy, Gregory and McClain back, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to expect a borderline top 5 defense.

Top Bottom