Poll: If you could get a contract extension done with only one of these players before the season started, who would it be?

If you could get a contract extension done with only one of these players before the season started,

• Total voters

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This one was tough for me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This one was tough for me.

Me too. I really would like to see Gallup, Schultz and Gregory all reupped.

But to me Gregory is the one in most danger of putting up numbers this season that could make him cost prohibitive. Get it done early.

The good news is he might appreciate how we stood behind him through everything and take less than market value.

Shiningstar

DCC 4Life
Gallup, hes the only one that makes sense,

Randy is going to be older still and his lost time can not be given back

LVE might be like Sean Lee, we dont need to buy a ferrari ot keep it in the garage

the others we can live without.

there ya go.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

LVE might be like Sean Lee, we dont need to buy a ferrari ot keep it in the garage

there ya go.
You gonna actually vote on any of these or nah?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

there ya go.

Believe it or not, Gregory is only 28. And under the circumstances not a lot of wear and tear. I don't see any reason he can't play at a high level for the next 5 years or more.

If we lose Gregory, we're probably scrambling and maybe borderline desperate to find another pass rusher, or else we're crossing our fingers that Basham or Anae steps up. And pass rushers aren't cheap, even mediocre ones.

I want Gallup back, but we'd be still relatively ok without him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Obviously depends on what sort of deal but if we're saying something like 8/year for Gregory vs. 6/year for Schultz vs. 13/year for Gallup vs. 7/year for Williams vs. 8/year for LVE, I'm going Gregory since I think he has the most upward mobility and even a 6-8 sack year could push him up to 10-12+/year.

Gallup is close behind but I don't think it's very likely he pushes his value past about the 14-16 range this season given how much offensive firepower we have, so I'd rather roll the dice there.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Believe it or not, Gregory is only 28. And under the circumstances not a lot of wear and tear. I don't see any reason he can't play at a high level for the next 5 years or more.

If we lose Gregory, we're probably scrambling and maybe borderline desperate to find another pass rusher, or else we're crossing our fingers that Basham or Anae steps up. And pass rushers aren't cheap, even mediocre ones.
OT, but I'm really surprised we didn't draft at least one more pure pass rusher. Our depth is pretty terrible there unless Anae does something, and who knows how much chance he'll get with Coach Arm Length.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
OT, but I'm really surprised we didn't draft at least one more pure pass rusher. Our depth is pretty terrible there unless Anae does something, and who knows how much chance he'll get with Coach Arm Length.
Basham is a solid 3rd edge rusher, we could use one more for sure but Lawrence/Gregory/Basham is solid considering that Parsons will probably take a few snaps off their plates.

Top Bottom