Point/Counterpoint: Should Orton's Status Affect Draft Plans?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It's worth the risk for that late of a pick, IMO.
When there are plenty of examples of starters at other positions coming out of those rounds? With this team desperately in need of depth? Your concept of risk/reward is incomprehensible.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
When there are plenty of examples of starters at other positions coming out of those rounds? With this team desperately in need of depth? Your concept of risk/reward is incomprehensible.
So, the risk of a hopeful 3rd WR/DB late in the draft is more important to you than the risk of drafting a potential starting QB?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
So, the risk of a hopeful 3rd WR/DB late in the draft is more important to you than the risk of drafting a potential starting QB?
Do you really want to chance missing the next Matt Johnson?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd rather draft the next Greg Hardy than the next Greg McElroy.

p1_

DCC 4Life
And Warner before that had the World League to develop. Somehow the notion of a late round developmental QB you take every year has entranced people into believing it's something you should do. It's more like chasing a pipe dream.
Wilson in the 3rd to Seattle looks to be pure genius in retrospect. Do it , Jer. Do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wilson in the 3rd to Seattle looks to be pure genius in retrospect. Do it , Jer. Do it.
Yeah I'm fine with a QB in the second/third round. Like I said though, to me it doesn't really matter what round. All that matters is the QB. If you grade a QB as a second/third and he is available in the sixth, you take him. To do anything else would just be silly.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I'd rather have the next Scandrick than the next McGee if we need team specific examples.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Point/Counterpoint: Should Orton's Status Affect Draft Plans?

:lol What?

Personally, I’ve never been a huge fan of taking one, unless you can absolutely see a role for him. I hear all the time how fans want the Cowboys to just take a quarterback “in the third or fourth.” Yeah, that sounds good, but maybe I just remember Stephen McGee and how having a project like that actually affects the roster.

Oh, it didn't work once? So, never do it again, right? Brilliant.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
but maybe I just remember Stephen McGee and how having a project like that actually affects the roster.
This is a roster that has carried two kickers at once.

I don't want to hear about this horseshit about it impacting the roster.

Top Bottom