Please help me remember which game Ken Norton Jr. helped make a goal line 4th and 1 stand against...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Perhaps a little bit of faulty memories going on here.
It could be my memory that's faulty, but I don't remember Norton stopping the 9ers short of the goalline.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Games saved as well as posts? Geez. Do you have anything in your house besides hard drives?
They're on YouTube. I do cop to the encrypted hard drives. :unsure

Cotton

Staff member
I fast forwarded thru our Niner games in '89 and '90. Didn't see a Norton goal line stand.
I also fast-forwarded through the 92 NFCC and didn't see a Norton stop near the goalline.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Practice makes perfect. Keep it up. You'll get there.
Daily, I strive to be better. Your words of encouragement only help me strive to defile bbgun even further.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Replaced Harper with Kevin Williams but got away with it because Irvin had a monster year.
Harper was fading already unfortunately. We should have traded him to the Rams in 1994 for a high pick like they had rumored to have offered.

Cotton

Staff member
Harper was fading already unfortunately. We should have traded him to the Rams in 1994 for a high pick like they had rumored to have offered.
Harper was one of those that made me cheer/get pissed off. He would make the great catches and miss the easy ones.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I loved me some Harper. I don't know why. Irvin of course got all the love but I thought Harper was a little underrated.

If I'd known at the time he was kind of lazy off the field and pretty clownish, I probably wouldn't have as much.

Foobio

DCC 4Life
He made some incredibly memorable catches. That jump ball catch he made at RFK in ‘91 right before the half was one of my all time favorites.

Also the post route at Candlestick in the 92 Championship game was maybe the greatest non touchdown catch in Cowboys history. Just friggin epic.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So did we ever establish that this phantom Ken Norton tackle ever existed? I am too lazy to back track.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He made some incredibly memorable catches. That jump ball catch he made at RFK in ‘91 right before the half was one of my all time favorites.

Also the post route at Candlestick in the 92 Championship game was maybe the greatest non touchdown catch in Cowboys history. Just friggin epic.
Yeah he made some all-time plays when it mattered most that redeemed his mostly otherwise lackadaisical play.

That play vs Washington probably stopped them from going 19-0, and that alone is worth his whole career for me.

Harper’s SF play was redemption for Williamson tackling Pearson on that otherwise beautiful post in the Jan 82 playoffs and cemented our Super Bowl 27 seeding. This alone also more than justified not only Harper’s career, but also his top twelve pick draft capital ending in a disappointing single contract.

yeto

Brand New Member
I am thinking it was the 1992 Championship game but I can only find highlights of the game so I cannot verify. 49er fans have "the catch"...we (Cowboy fans) should have "the hit".

I sent an email to the Cowboys and to UCLA. Hopefully someone will remember the play and game or either ask Ken himself.

I need to see "The Hit" again. Hoping we get something similar this year to turn the current team around.

Last edited:

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I do not understand why this thread is on the main page.
Because there are very few new threads being made, as everything goes into the "Random Cowboys" thread...so it never gets pushed off the front page.

Also blame it on the slack bastards who keep replying to said thread.

:unsure

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Because there are very few new threads being made, as everything goes into the "Random Cowboys" thread...so it never gets pushed off the front page.

Also blame it on the slack bastards who keep replying to said thread.

:unsure
You can’t tell me what to do, senior junior mod :mad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom