Please help me remember which game Ken Norton Jr. helped make a goal line 4th and 1 stand against...

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeto

Brand New Member
the San Francisco 49ers. If I remember correctly he tackled Roger Craig (not 100% sure it was Craig) and stopped the drive. After he made the tackle he ran off the field punching his fist like a boxer. I think it was probably in either the 1992 or 1993 season. I have been trying to find video of the play but cannot locate it on the internet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
yeto

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It wasn't Craig. He left the 49ers in 1990. Ricky Waters maybe?

Rev

Staff member

Here is the one @bbgun was talking about vs. Davis. This has to be the one that you are thinking about. Its the third down play.

yeto

Brand New Member
It wasn't Craig. He left the 49ers in 1990. Ricky Waters maybe?
You could be right. Maybe it was Ricky Waters but it was definitely against the 49ers not Buffalo. I remember the play because you could see the team's confidence level change (the changing of the guard so to speak) after that play and they went on to win 3 Super Bowls.

Rev

Staff member
You could be right. Maybe it was Ricky Waters but it was definitely against the 49ers not Buffalo. I remember the play because you could see the team's confidence level change (the changing of the guard so to speak) after that play and they went on to win 3 Super Bowls.

Watch this one. There is one play at the end where he tackles Waters and the starts "punching" his hands.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Cool video of one of my favorites from back then.

And LOL @ the Buffalo radio guy calling the Davis run as a Touchdown. :laff

yeto

Brand New Member

Watch this one. There is one play at the end where he tackles Waters and the starts "punching" his hands.
Thank you for taking time to post/reply but no, none of those were "the play". It was definitely 4th and goal and Norton stopped the 49ers running back. Norton ran back to the sidelines punching his fist into his other hand. I knew at that moment that the guard had changed from the 49ers to the Cowboys and that the Cowboys would be the new dominant team in the NFL. You could just feel it and see it in the team. I will never forget that tackle. It was magic.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A new "nostalgia" thread?

Cotton

Staff member
It was 3rd and 1. And, it was against Buffalo.

Rev

Staff member
It was 3rd and 1. And, it was against Buffalo.

Already posted that but thats not the one he is remembering. I vaguely remember a crucial stop by Norton against the 49ers but just no video out there that I could find

Cotton

Staff member
Already posted that but thats not the one he is remembering. I vaguely remember a crucial stop by Norton against the 49ers but just no video out there that I could find
I don't remember a goalline stand by Norton at all against the 49ers. I only remember the one against the Bills. Mainly because it was in the SB.

data

Forbes #1
Norton only played the 49ers twice before XXVII, 1990 reg season and 1992 NFCC

Do you remember the game being in SF or Irving? Who was SF QB?

Rev

Staff member
I don't remember a goalline stand by Norton at all against the 49ers. I only remember the one against the Bills. Mainly because it was in the SB.
Perhaps a little bit of faulty memories going on here.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I fast forwarded thru our Niner games in '89 and '90. Didn't see a Norton goal line stand.

Rev

Staff member
I fast forwarded thru our Niner games in '89 and '90. Didn't see a Norton goal line stand.
Games saved as well as posts? Geez. Do you have anything in your house besides hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom