PFT: NFC playoff picture - Will any of the South’s underdogs step up?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I like the idea of two 8 team divisions, but the schedule would get kinda dull, always the same matchups...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like the idea of two 8 team divisions, but the schedule would get kinda dull, always the same matchups...
You would just have to change up the way the schedule is done. Obviously you wouldn't want a team to play every other team in there division twice. That would end up with only 2 games different every year. You could however have a team play each of their division opponents at least once and still have 9 games to screw around with.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Once a decade, a shit team slips in. Yea, 1 out of 120 slots is no reason to start putting in special rules to strip shit division winners of the playoffs.
I don't think a team under .500 should ever make the playoffs, in any sport. It's ridiculous and it devalues the importance of the regular season. We aren't really talking about special rules. Hell the division structure we have now isn't really all that old in the first place (Not when you consider how long the NFL has been around).

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't think a team under .500 should ever make the playoffs, in any sport. It's ridiculous and it devalues the importance of the regular season. We aren't really talking about special rules. Hell the division structure we have now isn't really all that old in the first place (Not when you consider how long the NFL has been around).
correct.

Top Bottom