PFT: Marshawn Lynch doesn’t talk to reporters, risks $100,000 fine

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Marshawn Lynch doesn’t talk to reporters, risks $100,000 fine

Posted by Mike Florio on November 16, 2014, 5:39 PM EST

The NFL threatened to fine Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $100,000 if he failed to talk to reporters on Sunday.

Per Albert Breer of NFL Media, Lynch made a quick exit from the locker room, after reporters circled around him.

Last year, the NFL fined Lynch $50,000 for repeatedly snubbing reporters. The league eventually agreed to suspend the fine, vowing to reinstate it plus another $50,000 if Lynch persists in his failure to cooperate.

A reluctant presence at Super Bowl XLVIII Media Day resulted in no penalty for Lynch, who dressed in his best Unabomber garb, hid from reporters, and eventually spoke to Deion Sanders of the league-owned media outlet.

This time around, Lynch apparently supplemented his stiff-arm of the media attending the game with a phone call to Michael Silver and former Seahawks teammate Michael Robinson, both of whom also work for the league-owned media outlet. Neither Silver nor Robinson were at the game, but since he gave the exclusive! to a couple of friendly ears from the media outlet owned by the league, maybe that will be enough to avoid the fine.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
The NFL is a great opportunity for individuals to make great amounts of money, but in a way, it's like paid slavery. Yes, they choose to play in the league, but the players shouldn't be forced to do all the things that they are. It's ridiculous

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
The NFL is a great opportunity for individuals to make great amounts of money, but in a way, it's like paid slavery. Yes, they choose to play in the league, but the players shouldn't be forced to do all the things that they are. It's ridiculous
You can get away with a lot more if you collectively bargain.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I totally disagree.

Players know there are job requirements like talking to the media before they sign up to play.

Hell, every job you take, pro athlete or outside of sports, has certain requirements that come with them. Some of the requirements you may not like but you still have to do them because they're requirements that are legitimately part of your job description.

So if they don't want to talk to the media find another job. Find a job that allows you to simply work w/o the media requirements. That's the easy fix.

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Your comment makes me wonder whether you have been in the work force that is predicted on rules.

Jwooten15

Brand New Member
I totally disagree.

Players know there are job requirements like talking to the media before they sign up to play.

Hell, every job you take, pro athlete or outside of sports, has certain requirements that come with them. Some of the requirements you may not like but you still have to do them because they're requirements that are legitimately part of your job description.

So if they don't want to talk to the media find another job. Find a job that allows you to simply work w/o the media requirements. That's the easy fix.

Agreed. To a certain extent.

I'm just saying that personal choice should come into play a little bit more in the league nowadays.

Larry Allen hardly ever spoke to the media. Other guys in the past have just flat out not talked to the media at all. And if they did, they would give very politically incorrect answers which would get them another $100k fine in today's NFL.

I understand it's a product of the times that the players are in right now. Everyone wants more access and openness, but in my opinion, it's a little excessive.

Your comment makes me wonder whether you have been in the work force that is predicted on rules.
I don't give a single fuck what you wonder.

But I'll tell you something I wonder. I wonder if you made it out of 3rd grade grammar.

The word you're looking for is "predicated" not "predicted", bud.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Agreed. To a certain extent.

I'm just saying that personal choice should come into play a little bit more in the league nowadays.

Larry Allen hardly ever spoke to the media. Other guys in the past have just flat out not talked to the media at all. And if they did, they would give very politically incorrect answers which would get them another $100k fine in today's NFL.

I understand it's a product of the times that the players are in right now. Everyone wants more access and openness, but in my opinion, it's a little excessive.

I don't give a single fuck what you wonder.

But I'll tell you something I wonder. I wonder if you made it out of 3rd grade grammar.

The word you're looking for is "predicated" not "predicted", bud.
Spell check error not grammar.

Last edited:

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He must not have made it through the second grade.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He must not have made it through the second grade.
:lol. I shouldnt laugh. I wasn't trying to be malicious. I just wondered if this individual had ever been exposed to a structured environment on the job.

Cotton

Staff member
Lynch’s call with reporters doesn’t satisfy obligation to meet with media

Posted by Mike Florio on November 17, 2014, 9:41 AM EST

The NFL threatened to fine Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $100,000 if he failed to meet with reporters after Sunday’s game with the Chiefs. After Sunday’s game with the Chiefs, Lynch failed to meet with reporters.

But Lynch did talk to a reporter and a former teammate/current analyst by phone, speaking with Mike Silver and former Seahawks fullback Michael Robinson after leaving the locker room. Since both work for the league, Lynch may have believed that, in the eyes of the league, that would be enough.

We’ll find out soon whether it is. Initial indications are that it’s not, and that a stiff fine is indeed coming for Lynch.

As we’ve been told (and we’ll now tell you), stay tuned.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Paid slavery...

You're joking, right?

Jiggyfly

Banned
:lol. I shouldnt laugh. I wasn't trying to be malicious. I just wondered if this individual had ever been exposed to a structured environment on the job.
L.T. I really don't get you sometimes.

If I had made the same snide comment you did, you would have been all flustered and accusing me of taking you out of context or twisting your words.

What's your deal?

You always jump into the middle of something and then act like you are one that's being put upon, its really not a good look for you.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:lol

Some people's kids...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
L.T. I really don't get you sometimes.

If I had made the same snide comment you did, you would have been all flustered and accusing me of taking you out of context or twisting your words.

What's your deal?

You always jump into the middle of something and then act like you are one that's being put upon, its really not a good look for you.
My deal was his comments were extreme and made me wonder if he had ever been exposed to a structured work environment where you have rules to abide by. There's noting out of context there. His comments had the retaliatory barb.

Last edited:

Jiggyfly

Banned
My deal was his comments were extreme and made me wonder if he had ever been exposed to a structured work environment where you have rules to abide by. There's noting out of context there. His comments had the retaliatory barb.
Yeah your statement could be taken as totally innocent, nothing extreme in what you were asking.:lol

I don't agree with his sentiment, but I also realize he could have had a job before and still feel the same way.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah your statement could be taken as totally innocent, nothing extreme in what you were asking.:lol

I don't agree with his sentiment, but I also realize he could have had a job before and still feel the same way.
Whatever you think. He could have answered the question just as easily with a yes or no.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Whatever you think. He could have answered the question just as easily with a yes or no.
And you could have made your comment less condescending.

Maybe that's not were you were going but that's how it came off and its not the 1st time with you.

Food for thought.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, because no one else on this board is condescending or argumentative. Great point. We should all just dial it back and not be so abusive with each other. :rolleyes

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, because no one else on this board is condescending or argumentative. Great point. We should all just dial it back and not be so abusive with each other. :rolleyes
That's not what I meant at all my point is that LT does stuff like that and then gets sensitive when its comes back at him.

Just saying if you go there, be willing to take it back.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not what I meant at all my point is that LT does stuff like that and then gets sensitive when its comes back at him.

Just saying if you go there, be willing to take it back.
You don't hear me complaining do you?

Top Bottom