PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
This is why I laughed when analysts said Jerry had all the leverage. Was there ever any doubt that he'd cave? They now have zero excuses not to go 3-0 out of the shoot.

Oh boy, the first time I've seen the Zoner like "HE CAVED!!!!!" garbage over here.

How exactly did the Cowboys cave? They said all along that Gurley's deal was the benchmark. Zeke is better than Gurley, healthier than Gurley and younger than Gurley. He deserved to be paid more than Gurley. He got slightly more than Gurley got, but the contract has some team friendly aspects to it as well. I don't see how either side "caved"

Last edited:

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh boy, the first time I've seen the Zoner like "HE CAVED!!!!!" garbage over here.

How exactly did the Cowboys cave? They said all along that Gurley's deal was the benchmark. Zeke is better than Gurley, healthier than Gurley and younger than Gurley. He deserved to be paid more than Gurley. He got slightly more than Gurley got, but the contract has some team friendly aspects to it as well. I don't see how either side "caved"
Are you slow? What about that post was zoner like? Didn't even mention caving. Just pointing out the potential for a lot of dead cap. Talk about bitching just to bitch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

Look at all those numbers he’s first in.

He’s the highest paid RB in the league like he wanted. He didn’t give us a team friendly deal like we wanted.

Its obvious who won this.

Just because there are SOME team protections doesn’t make it a good deal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

He’s the highest paid RB in the league like he wanted. He didn’t give us a team friendly deal like we wanted.

I agree. It seems to be an overly generous act for no more than what has been earned for the organization. Most of the time folks are paid on what has been earned but none of the current team members have put anything in the trophy case except a division championship. Just doesn’t seem equitable but it’s not my money so whatever. If Jerry got his money’s worth so be it.

p1_

DCC 4Life
From Sturm:
Not to over-simplify, but It is 4/$48 or so through 2022 and then $6m to walk away completely. In other words, I bet this deal could have been done in March, to be honest.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Are you slow? What about that post was zoner like? Didn't even mention caving. Just pointing out the potential for a lot of dead cap. Talk about bitching just to bitch.
Actually I was supposed to be responding to BB, so sorry for the confusion.

BB's post actually had "caved" in it.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life

You didn't read much of this then.

What the heck did you think he was going to get? League minimum or something? His deal is not out of line with what Gurley and Bell got and in some ways is actually better for the team, than theirs was.

Top Bottom