Paxton Lynch says a couple of teams were “spooked” by Combine medical exam

0305030angus

Paxton Lynch says a couple of teams were “spooked” by Combine medical exam

Posted by Josh Alper on February 26, 2016, 5:26 PM EST

Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch came out of college with questions to answer about his mechanics and polish as a quarterback, but those weren’t the only ones that concerned teams at the Scouting Combine.

Lynch’s media session on Friday was delayed because his medical exam ran longer than expected. Lynch said he had suffered previous injuries to both knees and his shoulder, although he wasn’t aware of the one that turned up during his physical.

“When I hurt my AC joint my sophomore year against Cincinnati, I didn’t realize that I had a small fracture in my clavicle,” Lynch said, via NJ.com. “So that showed up on the x-ray. But it’s healed. There are pieces of bones just floating around in there. It spooked a team or two, so they requested an MRI.”

Lynch said he isn’t bothered by anything in his shoulder, although it will be one more thing for teams to add to their evaluation in the coming months. Of bigger consequence will surely be Lynch’s ability to run a pro offense, something he also addressed on Friday.

“The schemes are going to be a little bit different. I’m going to have to call the plays from the huddle,” Lynch said. “But that isn’t something I see as an issue as long as I work on it. I know some of the pass protections and things will be similar, just different terminology. As long as I get to work, I don’t see it as something I can’t handle.”

Lynch and the rest of the quarterbacks work out in Indianapolis on Saturday.
-------------

I bet it was his hair.

It is very aggressive and off-putting.
Pretty interesting

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
4 year old thread bumped again by a new member. I'm going to leave this thread in place for now. I will be banning these idiots on site for this shit. I'm not sure what their end game is, but we don't need maggots on this board.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
4 year old thread bumped again by a new member. I'm going to leave this thread in place for now. I will be banning these idiots on site for this shit. I'm not sure what their end game is, but we don't need maggots on this board.
Yeah it's just odd more than anything. Not really sure what their purpose is either. I thought maybe their goal was to sound real with a few posts before they hit you with the bogus stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah it's just odd more than anything. Not really sure what their purpose is either. I thought maybe their goal was to sound real with a few posts before they hit you with the bogus stuff.
Yep, so I decided to just start bringing down the hammer on anyone with a weird name like 03050303angus and usernames that have the word "chat" in them. I have already banned about 7 of them. Mainly ones that have email addresses that have "webcam" in them.

Top Bottom