Paris attacks: Hollande blames Islamic State for 'act of war'

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey, I have a family to worry about too. But basically the message we'll be sending is, "I know we provided material support to the guys looking to destabilize your government, but, uh, sorry, no vacancy."
Maybe so but if you break glass on the floor you don't take off your shoes and walk on it because just because it was your fault. The government agencies may cause chaos in that area but it doesn't justify bringing the situation home and inflicting chaos on the citizens.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Maybe so but if you break glass on the floor you don't take off your shoes and walk on it because just because it was your fault. The government agencies may cause chaos in that area but it doesn't justify bringing the situation home and inflicting chaos on the citizens.
Exactly my point.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
This is more akin to breaking a window at the neighbor's house, then hospitalizing the head of household.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
For the record, I am not so much arguing that we take in all the refugees. More that we should mind our own shit in the future.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Seems like the U.S. should work with the rest of the world to create a safe haven in the Middle East for the refugees.

Screen them, feed them, clothe them, and give them shelter in a tent city or some shit.

Then if/when ISIS is toppled, they can carry their ass back home.

Why relocate these folks half way across the world?

Use your resources, pooled with the rest of the world, to protect the refugees' homeland and make sure they get it back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think you are giving ISIS way too much credit.
No, he's not.

That is one of the desired outcomes of these terrorist groups. By tempting retaliation, they make it easier to recruit because it gives them a way to point abs show how evil the west is and his little regard we have for their lives.

If anything, I don't think you're giving them enough credit.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
For the record, I am not so much arguing that we take in all the refugees. More that we should mind our own shit in the future.
I certainly agree with that. Only legitimate national security interest should warrant US intervention.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Seems like the U.S. should work with the rest of the world to create a safe haven in the Middle East for the refugees.

Screen them, feed them, clothe them, and give them shelter in a tent city or some shit.

Then if/when ISIS is toppled, they can carry their ass back home.

Why relocate these folks half way across the world?

Use your resources, pooled with the rest of the world, to protect the refugees' homeland and make sure they get it back.
The Saudis actually already have a tent city setup but have taken in zero refugees

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/saudi-arabia-100000-empty-tents-ac-3-million-people-refugees/

Cotton

Staff member
I absolutely agree with that. We shouldn't have our hand in that cookie jar to begin with. You will never see me disagree with that.

Cotton

Staff member

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The Saudis can use their pilgrim camp. We can use Obama's super secret FEMA internment camps. Everyone can pitch in. :unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Turning away refugees does stink of the US turning away Jews in WWII now that I read an article about how we were scared of them being infiltrated with Nazi spies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Saudis can use their pilgrim camp. We can use Obama's super secret FEMA internment camps. Everyone can pitch in. :unsure
If those refugees are brought here they will never return to their homeland with rare exception. Risking the importation of even a few ill willed intended terrorist is too much to risk that move in my view. I have a feeling Germany will also feel the menace of some with the numbers they have taken in recently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Turning away refugees does stink of the US turning away Jews in WWII now that I read an article about how we were scared of them being infiltrated with Nazi spies.
At the time it made sense.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We could just put them in internment camps like we did the Japanese.

Seriously though, in times of war and a threat like this? Absolutely I see nothing wrong with turning them away. Selfish or not it would make a whole lot more sense for America to protect itself then to try and play world police.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm sure the Germans said the same thing.
Two different issues. Germans were looking to extinguish the race. The US was reacting to a state of war with two seperate enemies and their allies on a world battlefield theatre.

townsend

Banned
Two different issues. Germans were looking to extinguish the race. The US was reacting to a state of war with two seperate enemies and their allies on a world battlefield theatre.
Regardless it's an irrational over correction to treat everyone with suspicion over the possibility of someone infiltrating.

Should we give them state secrets? Obviously not, but that's doesnt mean we should let hysteria abandone the core principles of this nation.

Top Bottom