Opening Night Chatter Thread | Packers v. Seahawks | - 9/4/14

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I expected more from the Packers. Rodgers was in mental meltdown mode the entire game. The OL of the Packers just didn't hold up. The biggest difference maker in the game was Lynch. If Seattle loses him their offense will be in shambles. Wilson is okay throwing from a set position but bad throwing on the run.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I expected more from the Packers. Rodgers was in mental meltdown mode the entire game. The OL of the Packers just didn't hold up. The biggest difference maker in the game was Lynch. If Seattle loses him their offense will be in shambles. Wilson is okay throwing from a set position but bad throwing on the run.
Lynch is a key, but Turbin and Michael are a nice fallback. As for Wilson...he is much better on the move...NBC had stats showing just how good he was outside the pocket.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That game went exactly the way I expected it to.

I wouldn't call the Packers finesse, but they damn sure aren't physically imposing either. They have Lacy, but they still aren't a running team, and they haven't played good defense since the 2nd half of 2010.

If you can't play physical, you aren't beating the Seahawks.....especially in their stadium. It's just a matter of time until they beat you into submission and win by double digits.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There are alot of rumors that Rodgers is gay but who knows? It looked like Sherman was giving Rodgers props to me but once again, who knows?
You think Olivia Munn is his beard?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was disappointed in the Packers and Rodgers for not going after Richard Sherman.

I get it, he's the best CB in the game but you can't let one guy take away one side of the field. All the new rules are designed to aid the offense; so why not take a few shots at Sherman.

As good as he is, he's been beaten for scores/catches before. It's not like you have a 0% chance of success against him. Unless you don't try which is the direction the Packers went. I thought to completely avoid him was cowardly and a huge mistake.

I hope Dallas doesn't do that. Can't let one guy limit your offense like that. Don't be reckless but take a few chances. There's nothing wrong with that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I was disappointed in the Packers and Rodgers for not going after Richard Sherman.

I get it, he's the best CB in the game but you can't let one guy take away one side of the field. All the new rules are designed to aid the offense; so why not take a few shots at Sherman.

As good as he is, he's been beaten for scores/catches before. It's not like you have a 0% chance of success against him. Unless you don't try which is the direction the Packers went. I thought to completely avoid him was cowardly and a huge mistake.

I hope Dallas doesn't do that. Can't let one guy limit your offense like that. Don't be reckless but take a few chances. There's nothing wrong with that.
The only corner that I've ever seen that was worthy of being completely ignored was Deion, and even then, you could get a few completions here and there.

Some say Revis is the best since Deion, and Dez was getting him in that Jets game from 2011 before he hurt his quad.

There is no reason whatsoever in today's NFL to completely avoid a CB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No doubt in my mind.
Yup.

Not everyone has to be in the spotlight all the time like Jeter was/is, but if you're a high profile athlete, you're going to be seen or noticed when you're out and about with women.

That guy has never been spotted with women of any kind. Hell, even insolent hair Matt Leinart had tons of pics with chicks.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Lynch is a key, but Turbin and Michael are a nice fallback. As for Wilson...he is much better on the move...NBC had stats showing just how good he was outside the pocket.
Don't believe he was last night. He didn't complete many passes when he went on the move. I don't have the stats just my memory.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

Top Bottom