NTSB recommends lowering blood alcohol level that constitutes drunk driving

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think most of us holds the same position.
There are a few people on this forum that seem to believe everything dangerous or unhealthy should be outlawed or regulated out of existence. Deuce was just calling for the return of prohibition.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Who would that be?
Deuce was calling for a return to prohibition. There were quite a few people all ready to ban guns after the shooting in Connecticut. Lots of people want to ban pit bulls. Once they were knocked out I'm sure they would come up with more pet peeves that they want eliminated by the government.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
No one wants to ban texting, but only an idiot would think it is OK to do it while driving.

I see these fucking morons all the time with their phones held up and swerving all over the road.

Much worse than most drinking or drugging while driving and a law banning it should be passed in every state.

D

Deuce

Deuce was calling for a return to prohibition. There were quite a few people all ready to ban guns after the shooting in Connecticut. Lots of people want to ban pit bulls. Once they were knocked out I'm sure they would come up with more pet peeves that they want eliminated by the government.
I wasn't calling for Prohibition, I just said it wouldn't bother me if it happened. Less changes to drink and drive is a good thing to me. Same with drugs, same with texting. They are all dangerous scenarios and while I'm not a moron who does it, it doesn't make me any safer because others on the road are.

But continue to think that society should be able to do whatever the hell they want to do. I'm sure things would be much better off. :rollseyes

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
No one wants to ban texting, but only an idiot would think it is OK to do it while driving.

I see these fucking morons all the time with their phones held up and swerving all over the road.

Much worse than most drinking or drugging while driving and a law banning it should be passed in every state.
Yeah, imo that's the number one road hazard out there right now. Not just kids either, I've seen people that look like they're 70 driving with their phone above the steering wheel texting away.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, imo that's the number one road hazard out there right now. Not just kids either, I've seen people that look like they're 70 driving with their phone above the steering wheel texting away.
It absolutely is the most dangerous hazard on the road right now. The people that drink and drive mostly at night are a small number compared to the dumbasses that are texting and driving all damn day long. Increased risk plus increased global exponential increase of redundancy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah and then you have old farts like me on the road driving up and down the highways. Hell they even want to make me take a drivers test occasionally. What are those Dicks thinking?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I don't really have an opinion on this because I don't drink and drive. People who do are retarded.

Now that is not to say that I have never run to the store after one beer, and it sounds like this law would F me in the A based on that.

I think the law is fine like it is. This is just government trying to control us even more. It's what they do.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I usually won't have a beer at a restaurant even if my wife isn't with me to drive home, but I don't think one beer's worth of alcohol in your blood impairs you more than just being tired after a long day at work does.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't really have an opinion on this because I don't drink and drive. People who do are retarded.

Now that is not to say that I have never run to the store after one beer, and it sounds like this law would F me in the A based on that.
I believe you are correct here.

And that's why it'd be wrong. You are not deserving of criminal sanctions for that behavior.

D

Deuce

I honestly don't think one beer will get you to the .05 like has been mentioned. Especially with how big some of you hosses are.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I honestly don't think one beer will get you to the .05 like has been mentioned. Especially with how big some of you hosses are.

According to this chart, Ace will reach .05 by just thinking about beer.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Schweet I can have a few beers before I am .05

I say good law, make it happen, America!

townsend

Banned
.08 seems about right. 4 Beers in is when I'd say my driving is affected. .05 is just witch hunting.

Top Bottom