Norm Hitzges goes off on Jerry Jones

Carp

DCC 4Life
If you think Jones cares think again.

All it does is make him more emboldened...."I'll show 'em....still lak those three Super Bowls?"
Yeah...this does nothing to Jerry but make him stronger. In a sick way he is flattered that he is still topical enough to draw that kind of outrage from someone. Any publicity is good publicity.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
It still puts him under a microscope and I would prefer this to everyone kissing his ass.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It still puts him under a microscope and I would prefer this to everyone kissing his ass.
He has been getting bad press for years...I just don't see how more bad press is going to change anything.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see we took our relationship to the next level.

I'd like to announce to everyone that Cujo and I are bro's now. We are registered at Target.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I see we took our relationship to the next level.

I'd like to announce to everyone that Cujo and I are bro's now. We are registered at Target.
:lol

Target, eh? You guys are too lavish for my blood.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
He has been getting bad press for years...I just don't see how more bad press is going to change anything.
It won't change anything but it's more enjoyable watching Jerry get his ass ripped than suffering through the media kissing it and trying to convince us all he wants to do is win.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yeah...I have not been seeing his ass get kissed for years either. You are going to have Spags and that type, but he has been pretty well bashed for years. The sad thing is that he just does not seem to care.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He's hardly been getting his ass kissed but there is definitely more anti-Jerry sentiment now than there was even right before he went out and hired Parcells. And that was because of public pressure (combined with his need to get rid of said pressure to get his stadium).

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not everyone kisses his ass. Norm isn't saying anything that hasn't been said hundreds of times by thousands of people. Jones will still operate in the same manner because he thinks he is right

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He's hardly been getting his ass kissed but there is definitely more anti-Jerry sentiment now than there was even right before he went out and hired Parcells. And that was because of public pressure (combined with his need to get rid of said pressure to get his stadium).
He hired Parcells to get people off his ass, but it really was more for the stadium.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not everyone kisses his ass. Norm isn't saying anything that hasn't been said hundreds of times by thousands of people. Jones will still operate in the same manner because he thinks he is right
By and large they do kiss his ass because he is a very powerful figure in the NFL. The media is harder on Tony Romo for stuff and most of his issues are Jerry's fault to begin with. That doesn't stop them from being downright disrespectful to him. But Jerry, he's a "meddler, but nobody wants to win more than he does". That man's ego can't be bashed enough....but it still wouldn't matter. I just like seeing him get all pissy when someone really does press the issue that he's the real problem.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
How can something be said hundreds of times by thousands of people?

#mindblown

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
The best part is when he says "Tell me what plays YOU would have called that would have worked behind that POS offensive line you provided him with last year, Jerry."

Because that trumps pretty much everything else.

:picard

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Poor personnel trumps those issues by far.

Yes, a perfect roster would make any coach's job easier. Doesn't mean that you can just excuse any mistakes the coach makes.

The measure of a good coach is his ability to overcome a team's flaws.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I agree with Booze and Carp. As long as the fans keep coming through the turnstiles and are buying up Cowboy merchandise, Jerry could care less about the bad press.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I agree with Booze and Carp. As long as the fans keep coming through the turnstiles and are buying up Cowboy merchandise, Jerry could care less about the bad press.
And, there lies the problem.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yes, a perfect roster would make any coach's job easier. Doesn't mean that you can just excuse any mistakes the coach makes.

The measure of a good coach is his ability to overcome a team's flaws.
75%/25%

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Nope.

Otherwise stacked rosters would win year after year. They don't.
You agreed with me months ago that it was 75-25. Don't change your tune now.

And uh, stacked rosters do win in the NFL. The teams with the most talent tend to be the ones that make the playoffs year after year.

Top Bottom