No day at the beach: Jason Witten makes ESPN debut tonight

p1_

DCC 4Life
Jason Witten would have spent Thursday afternoon at the beach if he was still playing with the Cowboys.

Instead, he found himself outside of the nation's capitol, preparing to make his debut as an ESPN analyst for a preseason game between the New York Jets and Washington.

Does Jason Garrett intend to watch? He has some time on his schedule since he canceled the evening walk through and meetings so the players could go to the beach.

"I think he'll do great,'' Garrett said. "Jason Witten is a special guy. I was so privileged to be around him for 11 years, he's simply one of the best players, the best people I've ever been around in my life. We have a great friendship.

"He's going to approach the Monday Night Football analyst job just like he's approached everything in his life. He's going to do it 100 miles per hour, he's going to be completely prepared. I think people are going to find out how charming and engaging he is and he'll obviously provide great analysis of football.

"I just think he's a special guy.''

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'm tuned in now and it appears that Witten got some hair plugs or something. The J-Wit that I remember was quickly going bald. Now he has a thick head full of hair.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm tuned in now and it appears that Witten got some hair plugs or something. The J-Wit that I remember was quickly going bald. Now he has a thick head full hair.
And his first five minutes, he mentions his BFF Romo, comparing Darnold to him.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm tuned in now and it appears that Witten got some hair plugs or something. The J-Wit that I remember was quickly going bald. Now he has a thick head full of hair.
https://www.12up.com/posts/6050301-jason-witten-literally-got-new-hair-for-monday-night-football-gig

You're not the only one to notice. Given the timeframe, couldn't be a hair transplant. They take like 6 months to grow in. Probably a hair piece. I hate going bald but I'll be damned if I get a rug. Screw that. But for tv, you have to do it I guess...

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Have you not seen the commercials for the Hairclub's "Xstrands"?
I've never seen or heard of Xstrands but it sounds plausible. It's not like he couldn't afford it.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Have you not seen the commercials for the Hairclub's "Xstrands"?
Think his hair loss is too advanced for that. He's got a rug. Looking at video, it's kind of obvious if you look at his hair.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He was ok...when they all referred to each other as Witt, Tess, and Boog...that was cringe inducing.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't get it...if it was me and I was confronted with a pic of my thinning hair I would have shaved my head rather than this

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't get it...if it was me and I was confronted with a pic of my thinning hair I would have shaved my head rather than this
I always told myself as soon as my hair started to go I would shave it. I have had a shaved head for like 15 years now. :lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I always told myself as soon as my hair started to go I would shave it. I have had a shaved head for like 15 years now. :lol
Same here. I'm getting close but I shave it anyways.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I do a comb-over to mask my baldness. The part is about an inch above my left ear. Grow that part really long and comb it over to the other side. Massive amounts of gel and hairspray. Looks really natural. I don't think anyone can really tell.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I do a comb-over to mask my baldness. The part is about an inch above my left ear. Grow that part really long and comb it over to the other side. Massive amounts of gel and hairspray. Looks really natural. I don't think anyone can really tell.
Well, we will be able to tell NOW. The DCC Convention is going to be so awkward.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
So you guys really think Witten is wearing a rug? If so, surely that would be just temporary until he can get some plugs grown in, right?

I dunno, rugs just seem so 1970s.

p1_

DCC 4Life
So you guys really think Witten is wearing a rug? If so, surely that would be just temporary until he can get some plugs grown in, right?

I dunno, rugs just seem so 1970s.
No rug, but he's been treated with implants Im sure. Kinda like sod for the cranium.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
No rug, but he's been treated with implants Im sure. Kinda like sod for the cranium.
I'm with you, but someone above said the sod wouldn't have enough time to fill in by now.

I know nothing about this subject, but I'm thinking when you're a multimillionaire all kinds of things are possible.

p1_

DCC 4Life
I saw in the All or Nothing episodes that it appears he was working it into his look last year.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I'm with you, but someone above said the sod wouldn't have enough time to fill in by now.

I know nothing about this subject, but I'm thinking when you're a multimillionaire all kinds of things are possible.
No, unfortunately not when it comes to balding. A cure is 5 years away and always will be.

Top Bottom