NFL's top 10 offenses

p1_

DCC 4Life
By Chris Wesseling

4) Dallas Cowboys

Quarterback: A- | Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton, Ben DiNucci

Leading the league's most efficient offense by Football Outsiders' metrics through the first half of the 2019 season, Prescott played well enough to keep his name on the periphery of the MVP discussion until the Thanksgiving debacle versus Buffalo. Should the franchise quarterback go down with an injury, the surrounding talent is strong enough to elevate newfound backup Dalton to the first postseason victory of his career.

Backfield: A- | Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Jamize Olawale, Sewo Olonilua

At first glance, Elliott's 2019 numbers don't look much different than his first three seasons. Look closer, though, and you'll see a back who struggled to make defenders miss at the second level. The big plays dried up, which helps explain why he lost more than 22 yards per game from his 2018 performance. Pollard proved to be a fine change of pace, averaging an efficient 5.6 yards on 101 touches.

Receiving corps: A- | Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, CeeDee Lamb, Blake Jarwin (TE), Devin Smith, Dalton Schultz (TE)

Although he tends to disappear for stretches, Cooper has been one of the finest route runners and boundary receivers since landing in Dallas as Prescott's No. 1 receiver. Would the Cowboys have shelled out $20 million per year for a new contract if they had an inkling that Lamb -- the sixth-rated player on their draft board -- would be free for the picking with the first round's No. 17 overall pick? It's an interesting thought. The suitably named Gallup is already one of the NFL's most promising second fiddles, recording 1,107 yards despite missing two games with a knee injury early in his second season. Prescott might miss future Hall of Famer Jason Witten's leadership, but Jarwin is a more athletic pass catcher with better run-after-catch skills.

Offensive line: B+ | Tyron Smith, Connor Williams, Joe Looney, Zack Martin, La'el Collins, Connor McGovern, Tyler Biadasz

Between center Travis Frederick's retirement and left guard Connor Williams' November ACL injury, the interior will have a different look in 2020. Veteran Looney held up just fine as Frederick's 2018 stand-in, which bodes well for new coach Mike McCarthy. A third-round pick in 2019, McGovern could slide into Williams' guard spot after missing his entire rookie season with a pectoral injury.

shoop

Semi-contributing member
Receiving corps: A-

GTFO - If Lamb is half of what he is being sold as the Cowboys may have the best WR corps in the league.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Well, TBH, Lamb is unproven and we have no one special at TE. Really the TE adds the "-" and Lamb's unknowns softens his potential A rating.

KC's pass catchers as a group has to be A+, and probably Tampa Bay's too.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, TBH, Lamb is unproven and we have no one special at TE. Really the TE adds the "-" and Lamb's unknowns softens his potential A rating.

KC's pass catchers as a group has to be A+, and probably Tampa Bay's too.
I'd take our 2 and 3 recievers over theirs. But Kelce and Hill are both elite.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'd take our skill position players, minus QB, over anybody in the league.

KC is a tossup and maybe Tampa as well, although their lack of a RB and the unknown of what sort of form Gronkowski is in drops them for me. I'm definitely taking what we have over Baltimore and New Orleans, no question whatsoever.

Ultimately I'd rather have our trio of WR's+Zeke and a JAG TE over Hill+Kelce, a rookie RB who is going to mostly be a receiver out of the backfield and a bunch of JAG WR's who Mahomes elevates. Give Mahomes our WR's and this guy might put up 60 TD's.

As far as the OL I think New Orleans, KC and Baltimore are all right there, along with teams like Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Philadelphia. It's hard for me to say which I'd prefer since I think coaching and play-calling play a huge role in how an OL is perceived, but we're definitely at least near the top there as well.

Sheik

DCC 4Life
QB and WR is graded a little brighter than deserved imo, so I’ll give them a pass on the A- grade for the Receiving Corps.

Jarwin is the only question mark, but when a team has 3 legit #1WRs, it’s hard not to give that an A+.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'd take our 2 and 3 recievers over theirs. But Kelce and Hill are both elite.
I think we’re biased.

I mean last year with Winston and a normal OL, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, and Breshad Perriman tore it up. They along with Cameron Brate siphoned looks from OJ Howard who is pretty good on his own. That’s a good, deep, young core set of pass catchers.

And Kelce and Hill in KC have unique skills no one can match. I start with and build around them any day.

But I agree with Simp when you throw in Zeke our skill players tip the scales.

Top Bottom