NFL Draft Early Entries

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Why do you say that? Other than Hackenberg, I can't think of any other QB that'll be getting 1st round buzz at this point.
Agreed. Sure he is taking a Matt Barkley risk, but there is not much competition next season either. Hackenberg is about it. Maybe Kessler.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Todd Gurley will make himself available for the NFL Draft

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 26, 2014, 4:06 PM EST

Georgia running back Todd Gurley won’t be drafted quite as high now as he would have two months ago.

But after seeing his season ended with a knee injury, he’s not taking a chance on further devaluing of his draft stock.

According to Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph, Bulldogs coach Mark Richt confirmed the anticipated news Friday, saying: “He’ll be moving on.”

Had Gurley declared his intentions when he was suspended for making money off his signature, he’d have likely been a first-rounder. But the torn ACL he suffered in November will cause his stock to plummet.

With memories of Marcus Lattimore’s failed attempt to make it in the NFL fresh in the minds of the league, it’s hard to know how high a pick someone will be willing to gamble. The 49ers rolled the dice with a spare fourth-rounder on the former South Carolina back, who never regained his pre-injury form.

Gurley’s not going to risk such a repeat injury, however, making the only fiscally responsible decision he could.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Gurley will still be drafted in the 2nd round. If he falls to the Cowboys pick in the third I am all for it

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Gurley will still be drafted in the 2nd round. If he falls to the Cowboys pick in the third I am all for it
I'd be alright with that as well but I don't think he would make it to the bottom half of the 3rd round.

I'd like to see us go defense in rounds 1 and 2 then offense in rounds 3 and 4.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I'd be alright with that as well but I don't think he would make it to the bottom half of the 3rd round.

I'd like to see us go defense in rounds 1 and 2 then offense in rounds 3 and 4.
Agreed. I think defense first 2 rounds is obvious, probably both DL. There are so many intriguing backs this year idc who we get out of the top 10 really. Love Abdullah, Gordon, Gurley, Duke Johnson, Jeremy Langford. Apparently this guy David Cobb is pretty good too from Minnesota but I dont know much about him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Jeremiah Poutasi, OT Utah
Duke Johnson, RB Miami
Maxx Williams, TE Minnesota
Shaq Roland, WR South Carolina
Jaelen Strong, WR Arizona St.
Jalen Collins, CB LSU
Jay Ajayi, RB Boise St.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
As much as I want to devote real numbers to the DL, I wouldn't hesitate to double dip on Miami in rounds 2 and 3 with Dorsett and then Duke.
I like Duke alot although taking a WR in the 2nd would be a tough pill to swallow considering the depth we have there right now, not to mention Street who is a decent developmental prospect.

D

Deuce

I like Duke alot although taking a WR in the 2nd would be a tough pill to swallow considering the depth we have there right now, not to mention Street who is a decent developmental prospect.
He is, but I can't pass up on difference makers because Beasley came alive for a 3 game stretch. Dorsett would be a TY Hilton like player manning the slot, or even moving outside permanently if Williams doesn't get his head out of his ass.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He is, but I can't pass up on difference makers because Beasley came alive for a 3 game stretch. Dorsett would be a TY Hilton like player manning the slot, or even moving outside permanently if Williams doesn't get his head out of his ass.
I like the idea of Dorsett and believe more in taking talent than being defense focused only.

My biggest issue with Dorsett is him playing with Romo, Does Romo have the arm anymore to exploit that speed?

Would Love Johnson in the 3rd, how bad was his injury?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Leonard Williams, DL USC
Ereck Flowers, OT Miami
Donovan Smith, OT Penn St.
Tevin Coleman, RB Indiana

Coleman is a favorite of mine, I'd be fine with him as high as the 2nd (only if we don't re-sign Murray long term obviously), if he somehow made it to the 3rd he'd be a huge steal. As an aside, Shawn Oakman is surprisingly staying in school, which is sad for us as he would've added depth to the DL class.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Tyler Kroft, TE Rutgers

don't think hes a great option, just stating he's coming out early

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Ajayi is tearing it up tonight. Looks like a legit 2nd-3rd at least.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Trae Waynes, CB Michigan St.
Alex Carder, CB Stanford
Deion Barnes, DE Penn St.
Randy Gregory, DE Nebraska
Lorenzo Doss, CB Tulane
Kwon Alexander, LB LSU

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like the idea of Dorsett and believe more in taking talent than being defense focused only.

My biggest issue with Dorsett is him playing with Romo, Does Romo have the arm anymore to exploit that speed?

Would Love Johnson in the 3rd, how bad was his injury?
I'd like Dorsett in bubble screens though. Besides, Winston can get it to him...a perfect 1st and 2nd round.

Top Bottom