NFL.com | Dallas Cowboys Named Most Valuable NFL Franchise

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
It's that time of year. The Forbes annual list of the top 50 most valuable franchises in sports was released -- and in photo gallery form, so we have to click on it 50 times.

The Dallas Cowboys were the top-ranked NFL team on the list for the sixth straight year, coming in at $2.1 billion. The rest of the top five teams on the highly unscientific list were:

2. New England Patriots: $1.635 billion
3. Washington Redskins: $1.6 billion
4. New York Giants: $1.468 billion
5. Houston Texans: $1.305 billion

We're not sure how Forbes comes up with the final evaluation number, although we do know that they essentially just guess salaries for the top-paid coaches list.

Still, it's remarkable how the NFL dominates the top 50, with 60 percent of the list comprised of NFL teams. Thirty of the 32 NFL teams made the list, with the St. Louis Rams and Jacksonville Jaguars narrowly missing out.

----------------------------------

:tehj

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If the team actually won playoff games on a regular basis and sold its naming rights, it would probably be #1 in the world. That's outrageous considering only the US plays this version of the sport. The fact that it's #5 is a testament to fans won over from years of winning. Sadly their kids are becoming fans only because their parent's are die-hards, and even that will change before long with the Jones' in charge.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
WGAS if they can't win.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Woohoo, a two billion dollar franchise run by an owner with a ten cent head. :towel

data

Forbes #1
If only DCC I, II and III had survived, I bet we could see the same posters post the same thing.

Booze with "WGAS". Iamtdg going out of his way to be the anti-homer. Ravidubey giving the analysis that more money could be made if we were winning.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If only DCC I, II and III had survived, I bet we could see the same posters post the same thing.

Booze with "WGAS". Iamtdg going out of his way to be the anti-homer. Ravidubey giving the analysis that more money could be made if we were winning.
I also added a shot about the slipping fan base. My own daughters love the Cowboys basically because I do and for no other reason (they also despise Jerry Jones for the same reason). The fanbase would grow greatly with playoff victories, but I guess that's too hard so Jerry's content with promoting the Hell out of rushing records, stadiums, and a few stars. Man, fuck him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rev@DCC. Bill Pacells is senile

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
There is an Eatman article at the official site. I can't post it now on my phone.

You will go to the official site and you will post it, Iamtdg

You will do this NOW.
Pushy bastid. I was getting to it.

Top Bottom