NFL Coach/GM Chatter

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

The fact that Atl is letting him get away a 2nd time makes no sense to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bills to hire Rex Ryan as coach

The Buffalo Bills are putting the finishing touches on deal that will make Rex Ryan their next head coach, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The hiring of Ryan would complete an extensive coaching search for the Bills, who have interviewed 12 candidates since Doug Marrone opted out of his contract on Dec. 31.

The Bills conducted a second interview with Ryan on Saturday night, sources told Schefter.

Ryan spent the last six seasons with the Jets, going 46-50 and helping New York reach the AFC Championship Game in each of his first two years.

But Ryan and general manager John Idzik were fired on Dec. 29 after the Jets went 4-12 and missed the playoffs for the fourth straight season.

The 52-year-old Ryan also has interviewed for the Atlanta Falcons' coaching vacancy. The defensive-minded Ryan will inherit a Bills defense that ranked fourth in the NFL and had a league-leading 54 sacks this past season.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If I'm a Bills fan I'm excited and nervous at the same time. They need a QB and an offensive makeover and we all know that Ryan's staffs have struggled to develop offensive players.

The Bills are going to have to bring in a legit OC in order to make it work. They have plenty of talent on defense and with Ryan running the show they should at least make the playoffs as long as they can field a respectable defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Rex is trying to get Greg Roman for his OC.

Smart, that means a run game to cover up the shitty QB situation.

I just don't get why they would retain Douche Defensive Coordinator. Isn't Ryan going to want to run his defense?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Rex is trying to get Greg Roman for his OC.

Smart, that means a run game to cover up the shitty QB situation.

I just don't get why they would retain Douche Defensive Coordinator. Isn't Ryan going to want to run his defense?
Touch of downs is part of the Ryan coaching tree through Gregggggg and Fisher. They are probably not that incompatible.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He resigned in a "mutually agreed upon" decision. They basically fired him. Probably move up Keith Butler who had been being groomed for the last decade. Also probably means Polamlu, Harrison, Keisel and Ike Taylor are gone. Good riddance.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He resigned in a "mutually agreed upon" decision. They basically fired him. Probably move up Keith Butler who had been being groomed for the last decade. Also probably means Polamlu, Harrison, Keisel and Ike Taylor are gone. Good riddance.
Maybe Butler was going to leave if he didn't get the job this time, so they went with the younger guy.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Maybe Butler was going to leave if he didn't get the job this time, so they went with the younger guy.
Possibly. They blocked other teams from talking to him a couple of times in the last few years and LeBeau was starting to take some flack despite the fact their problems were with aging players and personnel.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Possibly. They blocked other teams from talking to him a couple of times in the last few years and LeBeau was starting to take some flack despite the fact their problems were with aging players and personnel.
If he was about 6 years younger I'd be happy to take Lebeau and go back to the 3-4. Unfortunately, he's nearly 80. He won't live long enough to rebuild another D. Maybe if the Cards lose Bowles to a HC job he goes there.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
If he was about 6 years younger I'd be happy to take Lebeau and go back to the 3-4. Unfortunately, he's nearly 80. He won't live long enough to rebuild another D. Maybe if the Cards lose Bowles to a HC job he goes there.
That's what I've read Steeler fans say. With Arians as HC he may bring LeBeau in unless he opts to go with a younger coach. Probably LeBeau's only chance to stay in the league.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That's what I've read Steeler fans say. With Arians as HC he may bring LeBeau in unless he opts to go with a younger coach. Probably LeBeau's only chance to stay in the league.
Washington hasn't finalized hiring fat Wade yet as far as I know. He could probably also be a consultant/coach for other 3-4 teams looking to pick his brain.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Falcons could be a good job, they look lost though.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Top Bottom