New Sports Streaming Platform

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I wasn't sure where to put this so I figured the Other Sports forum worked best.

It looks like ESPN, Fox, the Turner Networks, and a few more are joining together to provide a sort of all in one sports streaming platform.

This has the potential to either be really good or really bad.

Good in that you can consolidate the sports stuff into one and maybe get rid of the multiple apps some us have to subscribe to in order to watch all the different sports leagues and competitions.

But if this is pricey and still doesn't include everything, then it's just another example of how all this exclusivity is making it to where streaming is no longer cheaper than satellite and cable as it was intended to be.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'll go out on a limb and say this will end up costing more and being worse for the consumer than what we had before.

I know, Nostradamus here.

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'm go out on a limb and say this will end up costing more and being worse for the consumer than what we had before.

I know, Nostradamus here.

It's definitely bad.

Consolidating different broadcast companies into one bundled service?

Oh, you mean like cable? That thing that a lot of people are turning to streaming to get away from?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The huge flaw that I already see in it is that the regional sports networks (RSN) aren't part of this.

This is fine if all you're interested in is nationally televised content, but if you're trying to follow a specific team you're going to need to subscribe to Bally or whatever RSN is in your area.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Also, I just noticed CBS is missing. So that means no major golf tournaments, no March Madness, and no NFL or college football affiliated with a CBS broadcast.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This reminds me of the old Bill Burr bit about retail chains asking for your phone number.

"I don't know what you're up to, but I know you don't want to make less money."

Top Bottom