New Board

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
why not just change the bolt from "What's new" to New Posts?
Because you still have to click the 3 line icon to get to that on mobile, too, so what would be the point?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Why do I get notifications for certain threads if somebody posted in them? Not all of them, only random threads. And no, I haven't 'subscribed' or 'followed' any threads.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I am now getting orange motion hash marks and the original posters comments are in orange when I post. Did I push some button that makes this happen? When I push post reply it looks like a Disney ride.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
I am now getting orange motion hash marks and the original posters comments are in orange when I post. Did I push some button that makes this happen? When I push post reply it looks like a Disney ride.
That's just the server thinking. Every once in a while it hangs up.

Cotton

Staff member
No... On the right side there's a lightning bolt icon.
Oh, that. I can't change that without getting into the coding of the software since it is specific to the mobile version.

Cotton

Staff member
One thing I just discovered. When viewing a video, there is a little icon that appears in the lower right part of the video that you can click when you mouse over it. That moves that video down to the bottom right of the screen and allows you to continue browsing the board while you watch the video. Very cool.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I'm trying to post a DMN story as a new thread but it's not cooperating.

uyj.jpg

Cotton

Staff member
So, we have had the new board for a few weeks now. Everyone still liking it? Any new suggestions?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
As others have expressed, 25 posts per page instead of 50 should be an option. I'm just glad it keeps up with all the posts on gameday.

Cotton

Staff member
As others have expressed, 25 posts per page instead of 50 should be an option. I'm just glad it keeps up with all the posts on gameday.
I changed it to 40. That's what it was on the old board. It doesn't give me the option to allow users to change the number independently.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, we have had the new board for a few weeks now. Everyone still liking it? Any new suggestions?
Not necessarily a suggestion but when I select new posts and it brings them up I click the last page listed and it brings up the first post on the page and I have to go through many posts I have already read to get to the new one. If there is another post to the same thread later, I have to go through the same process again. I thought the cookie or some marker would take you to to only the unread posts but that doesn’t seem to be the case. At 50 posts a page this is sometimes cumbersome. Is there a way to circumvent this or am I not using the program correctly?

Cotton

Staff member
Not necessarily a suggestion but when I select new posts and it brings them up I click the last page listed and it brings up the first post on the page and I have to go through many posts I have already read to get to the new one. If there is another post to the same thread later, I have to go through the same process again. I thought the cookie or some marker would take you to to only the unread posts but that doesn’t seem to be the case. At 50 posts a page this is sometimes cumbersome. Is there a way to circumvent this or am I not using the program correctly?
If there is unread messages in the thread, you can click on the thread title and it will taker you to the first unread post in that thread.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
If there is unread messages in the thread, you can click on the thread title and it will taker you to the first unread post in that thread.
okay. I thinks this clears it up. I have been clicking the last page. Thank you.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
When I post on the College football thread I keep getting a message that something may be in the browser that needs attention or something to that effect. What is this? It’s the same as McNutts attachment above.

Cotton

Staff member
When I post on the College football thread I keep getting a message that something may be in the browser that needs attention or something to that effect. What is this? It’s the same as McNutts attachment above.
It just glitches every once in a while. It doesn’t do it very often so I’m not all that worried about it.

Top Bottom