(Nearly) Midseason Cowboy statitudes

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Was perusing the NFL team and indv stats. Some numbers.

Cowboys are 1st in total offense at 437.9 per game. 4th in rushing offense at 146.0 per game. Also 4th in passing offense at 291.9. Tied for 6th in scoring offense at 27.1

We are 2nd in total first downs. 1st in 3rd down conversion % (51.9%) 6th in fewest sacks allowed (10), a dramatic improvement over past couple seasons.

We are tied for 5th in yds per rush (4.9) and 2nd in yds pr pass attempt (8.9) Tied for 6th in yds per reception.

Defensively we are 6th overall in total defense (yds per game allowed) 15th in rush yds per game allowed, 9th in yds passing per game allowed. We're 7th in scoring defense. Tied for 9th in sacks (17). The 3 picks we have are tied for 3rd worst in the league. We're tied for 7th in fewest yds per attempt allowed (7.0)

Dak is 7th in QB rating at 102.6. Tied for 10th in TD passes, 4th in comp % and as noted above, 2nd in yds per attempt. On the negative side he is tied for 5th in the league in most interceptions (7) although a few of the QB's he is there with (or just behind) have played one less game.

Zeke is 6th in rush yds per game (86) tied for 4th in TD's and 3rd in rushing first downs.

Amari Cooper is tied for 2nd in TD's (5) Tied 3rd for big plays (10) and ranks 4th in total yds receiving (621)

Robert Quinn (despite missing first 2 games) is tied for 6th in sacks with 6.0

Schedule notes:

Of the top-10 teams in total defense, we play 5 of them the 2nd half of the season (Pats, Bills, Vikings, Rams, Bears)

Of the top-10 teams in total offense, we only play 3 (Vikes, Lions, Pats)

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Props for putting this together. Some good stuff in there.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Now give me Cooper's road stats since becoming a Cowboy. I'll wait.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Now give me Cooper's road stats since becoming a Cowboy. I'll wait.
They are not as good, although this year he only has 3 road games and in one of them he hardly played, and the other he played but was clearly nowhere near 100%

data

Forbes #1
Props for putting this together. Some good stuff in there.
Props coming from iamtdg is no small order, either. You could’ve manually copied and calculated QBs average YPA, toiling over 6 decades of NFL history, separating them manually by best years and postseason runs, inputting custom algorithms and formulas and still not received his props.

You instead took a bathroom break and just typed out numbers that any major website has using statistics that have meager correlation to on-field effectiveness.

Major props, indeed. Forum-wide celebration and adulation is owed for your contributions.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Props coming from iamtdg is no small order, either. You could’ve manually copied and calculated QBs average YPA, toiling over 6 decades of NFL history, separating them manually by best years and postseason runs, inputting custom algorithms and formulas and still not received his props.

You instead took a bathroom break and just typed out numbers that any major website has using statistics that have meager correlation to on-field effectiveness.

Major props, indeed. Forum-wide celebration and adulation is owed for your contributions.
:lol

Awwwwwww, props to you too for your time in pulling all of those stats together, my friend. You are a true asset to this board and to my life as a whole IWBH.

Top Bottom